Thursday, December 16, 2010

Match vs. Real Life = Bizarro Tie

In Match-world:

Hungryhat must have annoyed his soon-to-be ex-wife to death. Got a 4th message this morning. I have never responded to ANY of his messages.

":)
Good Morning Ms Dville :) How are you today ?? Is there enough snow for you ??"


Should I nip this in the bud or see if this guy will write a 5th time? In the spirit of blogging, let's see if this douchebag will write another time and take bets on how many smiley faces and punctuation marks he will use.


In the meantime, here are a few more great screen names to ponder:

Imreadytoroll123 I best you are...

krisnutsak Wow, nutsak, are you friends with PhilMcrackin?

I'm surprised no one has used Boogerface, Dillweed or Douchebag as screen names yet.


In Real Life:

I asked a guy friend who I hadn't seen in a few weeks to go to the movies with me last night, basically because he was the only one in town that was able to go. We have known each other since High School. Even though I asked him to come along, he drove and he paid for my ticket and I was sort of annoyed by that, because I feel like my friends are always paying for me because I am unemployed. Well, apparently this friend was paying because he was about to put the moves on me. Yep. He kept grabbing my knee when he wanted to comment about the movie and then he put his arm around me...I sat up immediately and looked at him like "WTF?" and he kept it there. So I said "That's really uncomfortable" and picked his arm back up and pushed it towards him. Hey, maybe I was rude, but in my experience you need to be blunt because otherwise they don't understand. All this, in the middle of the movie that I WANTED TO SEE. I HATE being distracted in the movie theater.

The ride back home was a bit weird, but I kept talking about random stuff to not have to deal with any uncomfortable silences. He had bought a Christmas present for me which seemed strange, but makes sense now. Last winter we went to breakfast and I had a new grey hat which I ended up forgetting at the diner and losing. He remembered this (I did not) and looked everywhere for a grey hat to replace it. It's a great hat, but it weirded me out that he was so thoughtful because it just makes it more uncomfortable because I have never and will never think of him that way. I gave him a jar of the family spaghetti sauce because I felt I needed to give him a gift as well. It was a bizarre night.

What's a girl to do? Friends have described me as intimidating but apparently I am also giving out the wrong signals? I knew I was a paradox, but this is ridiculous. Match is obnoxious, my real life is wonky and I am still unemployed. I must be more resilient than I thought because most would be clinically depressed under all this emotional stress.

2 Comments:

Blogger C.C. said...

Here is is: I intimidate some guys because I am neither into them or disgusted by them (meaning they are my friends, but they don't get that apparently. Others are confounded because I seem mysterious and hard to crack.

I am Switzerland.

Thanks to Justin for the insight and the polite expression of it. He clarified that I am not aloof, because I am fun and like to hang out with everyone and aloofness is often negative.

Believe me, if I was interested in someone, they would know.

1:06 PM, December 21, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can show such strength despite overwhelming odds. How difficult it must be to have to overcome such incredible obstacles. Keep prayin', girl!

6:09 PM, January 02, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home