Friday, December 10, 2010

Match Date #1

Has the suspense been killing you? Well, I will make this short, because the date was long-winded.

Matt: He was nice and a complete gentleman. We met at a local sit-down Chinese restaurant that was very good, by the way. When we met he was very stiff and shook my hand, which was fine, maybe he was nervous. I had talked myself out of being nervous at all before the date, because my intuition was making me more relaxed.

Anywho, we sat down and began talking immediately. I have to tell you that his emails were quite long, but I tend to write a bit too (as you know). When we spoke on the phone to plan the date he was long winded and was nervous and trying to impress with big words etc. I enjoy big words, but in moderation. I don't want to feel like I am being lectured by a Professor when I am having a discussion, but that is what this guy was like. He was trying to be sooo polite that he seemed robotic and then if I got him laughing he would come out with this "Gay Man Voice" which was disturbing. I can't describe it, I felt like I wished I had a girl friend I could fix him up with. That spells DATE OVER.

Dinner was 2 hours and 45 minutes. Did I mention he talked a lot? He wouldn't split the bill, which was nice but unnecessary. My fortune cookies sucked, which also can't be good!

Here are the reasons I had to turn him down when he texted me the next day for another date:

  1. Long winded, wordy and professor-like, I felt like I was on a date with an old co-worker of mine...not cool.
  2. Too stiff, he seemed to calm further into the date but was still tightly wound, but maybe that is because he was a probation officer, they can't let their guard down so that stern attitude becomes them?
  3. He used a "Gay Man Voice" when trying to joke around...I don't get it.
  4. He said he hates Pee-Wee Herman and always wanted to "punch him"...Well, I hate to break it to him but if he didn't "get" Pee-Wee humor, he won't get CC humor either!
  5. His hands were abnormally small. Sorry, that creeped me out a little.

He was attractive, but there was no spark. I think the conversational skills really ruined it for me.

I did share with him my movie blog, and he made a few comments. When I read them later, they annoyed me. The way he writes is tough to read because he is so wordy and pretentious about his views, again like he is teaching you through his superior opinion. Here are the annoying comments: Comment 1 (I didn't need a rehash of the plot, and if I felt my readers did I would have done that already and way too wordy to keep my attention) and Comment 2 (obviously he just wanted to re-iterate what I had said in his own verbose way). I hope that when you read my words, I am more intelligently opinionated, than forcefully lecturing. You would let me know, right???

Well, as for first dates it was good enough to get me started with Match. I have another guy that I am trying to set a date for. Maybe tomorrow if we can sync out schedules, so I will keep you posted.

Also keep an eye out next week for "Match's All-Time BEST Screen Names!", I hope you will be sitting down for that post!
Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous henlib said...

Ewww, I agree. It felt like reading a very boring text book.

Can't wait for your upcoming post on screen names, I need to laugh more!

9:41 PM, December 10, 2010  
Anonymous KC said...

One of my friends from Charlotte always noticed guys with unusually small hands. Ever since then, it is something I notice too! Do you remember the Burger King commercial that has the guy with small hands? Maybe it was Matt? ha ha - keep trying though Carol - there is someone out there for you!!

9:02 PM, December 12, 2010  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yes! That Burger King commercial was brought up by Lamby the other night when I saw her! Too funny!

8:35 AM, December 13, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you not love a man who loves his adjectives? Don't be hating because he can't write a sentence with fewer than a dozen subordinate clauses. The man's got nuance, yo.

6:24 PM, January 02, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home