Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day Two...Match.com Experiment

Day two held much more of the same. Spooky Vampire Dude, Never-Takes-a-Shower Dude and Psychotic-Looking Dude all contacted me. I wonder if those are the best profile pics they could get of themselves. At least smile! I love the ones who say they love to smile and have a great sense of humor in their profile but all of their pictures look like they are mad or scared. Dating sucks, I get that, but you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I do have non-negotiable dealbreakers like everyone else, things I cannot look past. I think they are typical and not picky. There are only 5 thing on my list:

  • Height (I like my guy to be taller than me and I like to wear heels)
  • Well groomed (but not to the point that it takes him longer than me to get ready)
  • Cannot be Obese (a few extra pounds is fine, but if you can't go hiking or skiing with me that is not attractive)
  • Good Communication style (aware and intelligent, but need not be perfect)
  • Must love animals(but not exotic ones)

I think Patti Stanger of "Millionaire Matchmaker" would be proud.

I am on the other hand trying to be more open minded about reading profiles and not paying so much attention to pictures. Let's be honest, looks are important, but I am not a 10 so why should I expect to date one?

I have found a few guys on there that have great profiles that really piqued my interest when they contacted me. There is even one who didn't have a profile picture who emailed me. His email and profile were great so I emailed him back. That is a HUGE step for me.

No matter what, I think it will be a great learning experience for me and something fun for you all to read!

2 Comments:

Anonymous henlib said...

Can't wait to hear more! I was being sarcastic in my last comment, I can't stand bad grammar!! I think you have a pretty open mind about this, good luck!!

PS- my boys all have a good sense of humor but they don't like to smile for pictures!

9:29 PM, November 17, 2010  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I would never give you a hard time for having high standards! I'll be interested to see what turns up!

4:16 PM, November 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home