Thursday, December 02, 2010

The Silver Lining?

I have to say, after sifting through all of the creepy, fat, obnoxious, hillbilly, uneducated stud muffins on match I have found a few that seem relatively normal and nice. It's obvious that the odds are against me here, especially in this geographic area, but I am hoping there is a guy on there that is just like me: a cool person looking for a decent date.

I am emailing 3 people right now, and have a date with one Monday night. Just a little "we've been emailing for two weeks, so let's meet for coffee" type of thing. I am hoping it goes well, as his emails have been so great and we seem to have quite a bit in common.

I have had a few funny ones that wink at me, I wink back and then I never hear from them. I thought I was giving them the signal that if they emailed me I would respond. I guess I could have emailed instead of winked, but they started it...wait, is that me playing games? LOL I guess it doesn't matter who does the contacting. Maybe I will be forward and email them. Oh well, who cares, right?

I am not on match.com because I can't generate interest in my real life. I can count 10 guys who are interested right now, but probably 8 of them are only interested in one thing, hence my single status. I'm flattered boys (slightly) but I'm not looking for a fling or a hookup, I have never been that kind of girl. I am not looking for a boy I can control or a guy who controls me. What am I looking for? A connection that isn't purely physical chemistry, that has depth and interest beyond the immaturity I am used to. Maybe I am deluding myself. Maybe "he" doesn't exist.

Is it wrong to want a gentleman who enjoys watching Pee-Wee's playhouse and laughing hysterically after a great day of hiking, topped off with a huge steak dinner?

I think the glass is still half full. He's out there...I just hope he's also attractive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home