Thursday, October 26, 2006

Celebrity Endorsements and Thursday Thoughts

Anthony Kiedis says "Come closer, I will hypnotize you with my amazing rhyming abilities:"

"Saw this blog and gave it a whirl, I'm so in love 'cause CC's my girl!"

Wow, Anthony Kiedis. Another celebrity endorsement to add to the recent Mr. T, and the earlier ones from Gerry Butler and Michael Rosenbaum/Topher Grace.

Last night I had a dream that AK wanted invited me to go with him on the european leg of his tour. Sadly I had to say no. I told him my obsession with him would not be good for either of us right now.

Seriously Folks! Me and my dreams!! How strange is the village in my head huh? They are totally working overtime in there! Tee-hee. I crack myself up!

Anywho, on with reality. I am the chair of a commitee here at work and I had my monthly meeting this am. It's going VERY well I might add. Also I had a short meeting with our office furniture vendor to get my Boss's (The President) office looking a bit nicer with some new chairs etc. inbetween my meetings I was running around following up and doing some research on my committee meeting. I get back to my desk and there is a pile of orders to place for purchasing. Our purchasing agent/assistant I help is in a lunch meeting and I have to pick up the slack. Yay. I also am doing the back up for reception (lunch and afternoon break) and I had to be the waitress again today with an order for lunch for that meeting I mentioned. I am hoping to take my lunch break right after receptions break, which is what I am doing right now until 1:30 or so.

Hey, at least the day is going faster than usual! Can't complain about that!

I also can't complain that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!

One cool thing that happened to me this week was yesterday at the library. The Librarian asked me if I would participate in a "Challenge" panel. Apparently she received a letter from a patron that had concerns about a book that was catelogued in the young adult collection. He felt it was not appropriate and requested we move it to the adult section. So basically, now the librarian is putting together a panel of people of varying ages etc to read the book and them discuss the concerns this parton had and decide whether or not to keep it or move it from it's current collection. I am really excite that she asked me to particiapte and I am looking forward to it. I will have to keep you posted as to the book title and what became of the panels decision.

One more thought for today. My friend from FOREVER Jess and her husband just bought a new house! They moved in just last week and are trying to get settled in. I can't wait to go visit! Their other house while very cute and cozy was a bit too small and now they have a larger place to fill up. Congrats to them and a FYI: You guys know that now that you have "extra room" you will be expected to begin a family...Right? HaH! Now the pressure is on. Not from Aunt Carol of course...'cause "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!" :0)

Have a great day y'all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg - i am learning about birthing babies...

I AM LARGE & IN CHARGE! LOL

it's been crazy here at work - but starting to see the light! Hope to post more again soon!!!

xoxoxo

2:36 PM, October 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMYHCALUM
That's AWESOME you got picked to be on a panel to read a challenged (well sorta) book. Sweet! And, love the dream man--pretty spiffy.
(I switched to Blogger Beta & it wouldn't let me comment like normal on your blog. Phooey)

4:09 PM, October 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home