Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Thoughts and Rockin' Out

Ahhh, Thursday. The day before Friday. That makes me so happy.

Today also happens to be my brother Jim's Birthday. Happy Birthday Jim!!! (even tho he doesn't read this...b/c he doesn't know it exits basically for fear he may leave evidence behind and PieHole will get ahold of this blog!)

Lots of Birthday's coming up actually. My friend Nate's birthday is Saturday the 21st. So Happy Early Birthday to ya Nater! Hope you have a great day.

Speaking of Nate, he wrote me the other day to tel me he had gone to Universal Studios halloween Nights thing where they have all sorts fo stuff going on. Here is part of his email:

"Well my boss invited me down to Orlando this weekend so I'm not working, I've got a free place to stay, hell yeah I'll go! He and his girlfriend and a bunch of his friends rented a sweet house and are down there all tihs week theme partying it up. So we joined them for the weekend at Universal Studios. We also attended Halloween Horror Nights 16 which, again, was absolutely fantastic! We watched the Bill and Ted Excellent Halloween Adventure show and it was great. Captain Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth, and Davy Jones were in it with a bunch of other characters. They played the Pirates music when they all came out and Davy Jones runs out, bends over and yells, "I summon the cracken!" and let rip with a huge fart, followed by singing the Sponge Bob theme, but replaced it with Davy Jones. Hilarious."

Yeah, that does sound hilarious! The Craken! HA! I LOVE IT! (for those of you unfamiliar with the cracken, it is a monsterous octopus that Davy Jones controls to attack ships for his gain)

This weekend is the annual Spooktacular at my nephews house. We usually do a haunted house and a corn maze, eat and watch some halloween movies. This year might be a bit different since the kids are growing up (11,13 and 15 years old, plus my neice Erin who is 16). I am just happy to go and hang out with everyone. Erin and I always go up and so does my sister Anne but unfortunately Anne couldn't make it this year and we will miss her tons! She is traveling to Quebec City this weekend with a tour group and I am sure she will have a fabulous time. Still, it won't be as "Spooktacular" a weekend without her, but I am sure we'll find a way to rock out anyway! (Hide your drumset and bass guitar Tom and Kevin! Crazy Aunt Carol is comin' to your town!!!!)

Just so I make it clear, YES I am obsessed with the Chili Peppers (again). I was into them in high school and then again Junior year of college. They have remained one of my favorite bands, but I go in stages where I listen all the time to their stuff, just like Sting or John Mayer or Radiohead or Coldplay etc etc etc. I guess the release of their most recent album Stadium Arcadium and reading Anthony Kiedis's autobiography awakened my interest in them again.



I also want to make it known because Beth was thinking I was fickle in my obsessiveness...even tho this pic (um, hello hotness) is on my desktop here at work, Gerry Butler is still my screensaver! Just so everyone (BETH!) is straight on that. ;)

You know, I just had a great idea. Not only do Kevin and Tom have a band, I noticed they were having difficulties coming up with lyrics last time we discussed it. Since I have such a way with rhyming, perhaps I can pen a few songs for them. I wonder if they named their band yet. Christine and I came up with some great names to use in college for album/band names. "The Ugly ButMonkeys" could work, but I don't think that a group of teenage boys want to be known as "Ovarian LoveCouch". I will have to remember the other ones...

OK I am stopping right now because I am just too riled up! Right Christine????!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Ovarian LOVE COUCH!?!?! Where the hell do you come UP with this stuff? You so crazy! I love it. Spooktacular sounds fun & of course, you always have fun w/ your family (is one of the scary parts a representation of PieHole? that'd scare me!) Happy Thursday!

1:28 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home