Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hey! It's Tuesday! How about a Rhyme!??

Yeah, it's Tuesday, and here is the latest on my "Mouscapades!"

The Townhouse was officially visited by the Exterminator yesterday afternoon. I arrived home to find some lovely "Hotel California" traps...you know, "you can check out any time you want but you can never leave". We have one of these triangular death traps in each room including bedrooms, bathrooms and living room. They also did put stuff in the attic and above the kitchen. They are creep y in the way that the Exterminator is expecting that some of these little freaks will be getting inside my apartment at some point and we need traps to catch them, but it is nice know I won't have to actually see the carnage after they are caught!

We still have not found any evidence (droppins/holes) in the apartment, but you never know when they will squeeze their way in I guess. I didn't hear anything last night even tho I am still not sleep ing well. Give me a few nights of quiet and I will not be so bothered. Hopefully no noise is good noise and that measn it's working!

With all this mousing hunting going on, a rhyme came to mind and we all know how I like rhyming! So here it goes:

Ode to Unwanted Guests:

T'was one night about a month ago
and all thru my townhome place.
These little gnawing scratching noises
echoed thru my attic space.

My roomate was next door
all snug and comfy in her room.
Tho noises and scratches above my head
spelled for me much sleeping doom!

The very next night, I listened
but thankfully heard nothing at all.
My roomate next door (unfortunately for her)
heard it crawling inside her wall!!

We went to tell our landlord,
with promises we were placated.
"Squirrels eat nuts on the roof
there is nothing to be vacated!"

A week had gone slowly by
but nothing ever was done.
We were hearing more and more noises
and this was not any fun!

We called for the maintenance men
to come and check the situation out.
They tried to tell us nothing was there
"There are not rodents about".


Every little scratch or gnaw we heard
the maintenance men we hounded.
Once they came about enough
they heard how it had sounded.

They found holes above the kitchen ceiling
after I saw that mousey runnin'.
"After they eat that decon" I said,
"There'll be no more mousey funnin'!"

Even tho we put the poison out
those mice they still were nestin'.
My poor eyelids are so heavy
Since I've had a lack of restin'

This infestation grew and grew
just like a fever pitch.
"If you don't get rid of these vermin soon
You're gonna see a SUPER BITCH! "

And now, thru all the trials and pleads
the exterminator finally came.
Traps and poison were placed around
"Now we're in the game!"

It's been a day, or almost so
since the exterminator waged war on the mice.
To tell you the truth, I heard nothing last night
and the silence was oh, so nice!

So I hope and pray that the mice will die
Though I know that sounds so mean.
But living like that for over a month
is enough to make you scream!!!


Enjoy your Tuesday Y'all!

WAIT!!!! One more thing! As I was re-reading about the "Hotel California Traps", which is really freaking hysterical I might add, I thought of another song parody: "Dani California" by the RHCP, (tho abreviated)

"Makin' nests in the ceilling of some Missy's
Mamma was a looker and Daddy was a sissy
In Syracuse, they would get the noose
Price you gott a pay when you let your babies loose

Lookin' 'round at boxes filled with delicious Decon pills
just another way to get killed

Little Mousey, rest in peace
Ate too much of Decon feast
Little Mousey, show your teeth
I'm the cute one, your the beast.

yeah, yeah, yeah

Who knew that I'm afraid of you?
Who knew that you'd have babies too?
It's true I say goodbye to you
It's tru I say say say..."


I crack myself up!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Chica you crazy! But so so funny! Have you ever thought about putting this stuff down in a book? I think you'd be good at short story stuff. Kinda like Laurie Notaro (you should check her out!) Hope the meices are gone from your abode SOON!

3:26 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg - you make me laugh!

3:59 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your good, but my favorite is still 'ring of fire'!

8:21 PM, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home