Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Random Thoughts and Things

Well, I am back after a beautiful weekend! Sunny, 70's and so much fun. I will hopefully have an update on that complete with some pics later this week. (*hint*hint* Christine:)

I am psyched that I only have to be here for 4 days since I was off yesterday. Yeah I know, you all get the fact that I am not content in my current employment situation, so I will shut up now. :)

The whole North Korea situation keeps getting scarier. The one thing that makes me angry is that America is so hated yet everyone looks to us to get in there and protect everyone. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. It's a Catch-22. I mean, come on! China is all "Ohh we're trying to be a major economical powerhouse! We are growing and making lots of money now! Don't ruin it for us now by Nuking us North Korea. We have decent relations with you right now and this will be bad!". South Korea is still cowering in a corner because they are pretty much screwed geographically and Mother Russia is still freezing, but she is in no mood for nuclear fallout even if it means free heat for all her citizens! (or the fact that she has always wanted to be the one with the big warheads).

Garr! Between this, the Middle Eastern conflicts and a plethera of other crisis in the world, I am becoming more and more worried about the fate of this planet as a whole. Even the poor Amish people are being shot to death!! What is wrong with everyone?

But enough with the Doomsday...

I have to admit I am addicted to the new show "Heroes" that is on Monday nights at 9pm on NBC. I watcehd the first episode and thought it was interesting but needed to watch the second one to really decide if I could add it to my viewing schedule with the regulars of Smallville and CSI. I watched the second and third eps last night and I am totally hooked. Very interesting, not exactly what I thought it would be, but so edge of your seat. I highly recommend you see it if you aren't already.

The Prestige is coming out October 20th. The first movie I have been excited about in a few months! Hugh Jackman AND Christian Bale in one movie?? There is a GOD!

I guess that is about it from me today. I really have no energy to come up with anything really entertaining...maybe it's b/c I have something brewing for later in the week. :)

See if you can find my character/movie reference in this post. Whoever gets it gets a prize...whatever that is I don't know but there will be a prize!

Ok so I am not so sublte with the whoring for comment thing...

Oh yeah, and have a great evening!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

The only thing I can think of is the Mother Russia thing--a reference to Val Kilmer & The Saint? (an excellent flick btw & what we saw for my 19th bday when it came out that yr!).
And, I'm SO excited for the Prestige. It looks VERY interesting & suspenseful & oh yeah, HOT! (Pardon me, am I drooling?)

9:13 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

I have recorded each episode of Heroes but haven't watched it yet. I've heard nothing but good things so far - so I can't wait to catch up...though it might be December.

9:18 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Amy, you are my hero. The Saint was not the reference but you get bonus points b/c I didn't realise I actaully did reference it!!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE! I was a senior in college and rememebr seeing it in the theater. I just got it on DVD CHEAP! :)

Anywho, I wrote "Garr!" Which Steve the Pirate said all the time in Dodgeball.

:)

4:10 PM, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home