Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Clive Cussler, You're my Hero!!

Author Clive Cussler is also one of my heros. Here's how I stumbled upon him and why he seems like such a great person.



Does anyone rember a movie called Saraha that came out in April of 2005? It starred Matthew Mconaughey, Penelope Cruz, Steve Zahn (he is a freaking riot!) and the talented William H. Macy. For some details, visit IMDB for a summary of SAHARA and other tidbits.

Well, I loved the movie and then realized that it was based on a Clive Cussler Novel. Working in the library, I searched thru our collection and picked out a few books to start on. I began with Flood Tide (which I am finishing today) and I have Sahara waiting for me. They are exciting fast reads with everything I love mixed in. You have espionage, government undercover activity, really bad guys, illegal activities, big action sequences and fights, underwater archaeology and quick witted quips between the main characters Dirk and Al. It's funny, it's exciting, it's adventure!

Clive Cussler basically lives the life of his main Character Dirk Pitt without the bullets and mahem. "Cussler is the founder the National Underwater & Marine Agency, (NUMA) a 501C3 non-profit organization that dedicates itself to American maritime and naval history. Cussler and his crew of marine experts and NUMA volunteers have discovered over 60 historically significant underwater wreck sites. After verifying their finds, NUMA turns the rights to the artifacts over to non-profits, universities, or government entities all over the world." (Photos and excerpt from the NUMA Site)




Clive Cussler is living the dream. He is writing fantastic stories and living fantastic adventures of his own while making major contributions to the historical preservation of martime artifacts. Talk about living life to the fullest!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan is halfway through Trojan Odessey and his next will be Raise the Titanic (both Cusslers).He has bookmarked the NUMA website and built a NUMA boat out of Legos. You can see why he loves his Aunt Carol so much!

3:49 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Nathan and I are very much alike. Kindred spirits I think! :) Perhaps he will get a NUMA hat or t-shirt for Christmas this year from Aunt Carol...

4:24 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home