Friday, September 08, 2006

Viggo, Horseys and Love

Aragorn (Viggo) and Brego in "Lord of the Rings"





Viggo with TJ in "Hidalgo". Viggo bought TJ after filming wrapped because he had such a connection with this beautiful horse.





I have had some amazing connections/bonds with dogs, but I have yet to befriend a Horsey. I love them, but it is so expensive to take riding lessons (I have checked into it many times) and I don't know anyone who has horses. While I admire horses from afar(parades, fairs, etc) they seem to react well to me as Lamby and other family members have witnessed.:) Someday I hope to take riding lessons and learn more about these amazing companions.



And some great quotes about Horses:

A woman needs two animals: The horse of her dreams and a jackass to pay for it.

The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...If you never love a horse, you will never understand.

No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse. ~Robert Smith

God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses. ~R.B. Cunninghame Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1917

Four things greater than all things are, -
Women and Horses and Power and War.
~Rudyard Kipling, "The Ballad of the King's Jest"

3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

C.C., If I ever win the mega million lottery, I'll buy you some horseys, and a farm to keep them on ! (and maybe I'll hire a couple of "jackasses" to help take care of them!!)

11:07 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Hmmm...I wanted a horse when I was younger, but quickly gave up that dream b/c they're so expensive. And, I've never seemed to have a "way" w/ them ever. Just w/ cats and kids. :-)

11:44 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Thanks Lamby! I will hold you to that! After all, it is in writing now! hahaha!

Yeah Amy! For me it's dogs and kids I guess! Only the cats who act like dogs seem to like me. :)

11:46 AM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home