Thursday, August 31, 2006

Memories: The Crow 1994

Tho this is not the mood I am in today (sad and meloncholy), I had it ready to post, so here it is.

1994 was a rough year. I lost a very close friend to a car accident that year. I think that's part of the reason that I love the movie The Crow so much. It's an emotional trigger for me, probably b/c it is the first movie I saw after Jenn's death. It was released in May, I saw it a few weeks after her funeral. I remember everything about that day: the theater and even the conversations that took place on the car ride home. Despite the theme of the movie, it was and still is very therapeutic for me to watch. I felt the need to watch it the other night and thought I would share some pics and quotes from this haunting film.

"People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can't rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right. "

PLOT SUMMARY: Eric Draven and Shelly Webster were to be married on October 31 but they were brutally assaulted and murdered the night before, all for fighting tenant eviction in a bad part of town. A year later, the Crow brings Eric's soul back to seek vengeance and to finally earn his eternal rest.


Brandon Lee (son of legend Bruce Lee) died accidentally during the filming due to a misfired blank. He was to be married within the following year.

"Little things used to mean so much to Shelly- I used to think they were kind of trivial. Believe me, nothing is trivial. "


"It can't rain all the time."


"Mr. Gideon, you're not paying attention! I REPEAT: A Gold engagement ring, yes? It was pawned by a customer of yours named Tin Tin. He confided in me before he ran out of BREATH!"


(about Tin Tin) "He was already dead. He died one year ago the moment he touched her. They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

"I'm not going to kill you. Your job will be to tell the rest of them that death is coming for them, tonight. And tell them Eric Draven sends his regards."

"Is that gasoline I smell?"

"Victims; aren't we all?"

"It's not a good day to be a bad guy, huh, Skank? "

"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."


If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I love this movie too. Spooky all of it. I still can't believe Wicca's never seen it (whoa). My BF from HC, Erica, LOVES this movie the way you do (but not for similar reasons).

1:07 PM, August 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home