Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Memory Lane Week!

I went to my parents home this weekend to sort thru some (Ok 5-6!) boxes I have there. I found a few fom high school, a few from college and the memories were overwhelming. I chucked pretty much everything, with the exception of one box that now contains a culmination of my achievements and activities from both High School and College. I kept just the important stuff and got rid of old letters, notes, and other stuff. SO this week I thought I would highlight a few things I came across that spark memories from those times.

Before I begin those posts let me just list a few things that I found in my sorting that some of you will remember:

  • Jess's invitations to her Annual Halloween Party: A staple of the Surf Side Six. Costumes were REQUIRED and that's what made it so fun!!! Lots of gerat memories at those parties!
  • Pictures of HS Graduation
  • Pics of Erin and Alysa and I when we were all younger, dancing like crazy!
  • All sorts of letters from people I met thru Jess L.'s youth group trip and from Working at the Forest
  • "The Rules" from our room freshman year at college...I am sending you a copy RedHead...after all they were rules for our room!
  • Cards and letters from Aaron, that psycho guy from HS and some others that made me smile.
  • ALL the Teen Beat and Big Bopper posters and pic I ever had on my walls in Jr high. Not even kidding! Corey Haim, Sean Astin, Michael J. Fox (the list goes on!) and even Johnny Depp!!
  • My "portfolio" of fashion designs that I drew in Jr High when i wanted to be a fashion designer.
  • My Harry Connick Jr. autographed fan club pic.
  • Martial Farts Today poster... Jess R will remember that!!!
  • My pro-beach volleyball posters and stuff.
  • The GOONIES CLUB Scrapbook!!!!! circa 1987 folks!!!

I could go on and on. I had no idea all that stuff was down there! It was like my life flashed before me, looking at all these thing and remembering. It was fun and I laughed at a lot fo stuff I found. It was the perfect time to throw away 90% of that stuff b/c I wasn't emotional about any of it and it was easy to look, remember and let go. It felt great!

Later today: Batman Returns. A quick synopsis of my once favorite obsesison.



2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I would LOVE to see your Goonnies Club scrapbook--way cool. I probably should go thru all my stuff like that & throw away all the old letters. Damn sentimentality. HI 5!

3:50 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Yeah, I did the same thing at my parents house this summer and was amazed at most of the crap I found. Some of it I didn't even remember why I had it! That was the easy stuff to get rid of.

8:51 AM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home