Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Already???!

It's Monday already, but boy did I have a productive weekend!! Friday night I bought a new bookcase (a nice cheapy from WalMart) since my books were overflowing from my existing one onto the floor. Soon I will have one room dedicatd to my books...I shall call it my STUDY. HAHA!@ Saturday I cleaned my room and rearranged. I clean it regularly (Vaccum etc) but it needed dusting and curtains to be washed, you know the MAJOR cleaning we do once every few months! It's so cozy and organized right now I love it!

That night I went to Stacy's Birthday party. We had some pizza at her place and then went downtown to a bunch of bars. I really wish that they were more my speed and type of people. I don't really ever have a great time with them. It's OK, but not memorable. I usually feel like I could be home watching a movie and having more fun...is that bad? I know these people thru my roomate who knows then thru her friend Sarah so it's an interesting situation. Oh well, I go with them every so often but they are so superficial that there is never any real connection made there to want to hang out with any of them on a regular basis. Thank God I have my friend Beth from work! She's the only person I have met that I enjoy hanging out with and wish we could hang out more. Otherwise I would be a hermit b/c I have met so many people I don't connect with that it's frustrating.

Sunday my parents came for dinner. Dad made pork parmesan (yummy!) and brought pasta and Mom had cut some fresh beans from the garden. He loves to cook and I love to eat, so it's all good! It was so nice to have them over to my place since I am usually at their's all the time in the summer! We had a great afternoon topped off with my dessert of Angel food cake with strawberries and blueberries. It was a great afternoon. I am so glad that I live so close by where we can do that for an afternoon. (I live about 1 hr and 20 minutes drive to home). Yeah, my parents are the best.

Ok, I guess I will get back to work now. I am a bit tired today and Joan is out and so it the Purchasing manager. So I guess I am the Purchasing department today... Yay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean CC about never finding that many people to connect with. I'm a hermit too! Who cares about what other people think-I'd rather stay at home than party with stupid low-lifes HA!HA! Just don't hang out with Stacey anymore if you don't have fun with her. Having one good true friend is better than having many friends who only talks to you when it's "convienient" for them. Materialistic people suck!

6:18 PM, August 21, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

I hear you cluckin big chicken. I haven't found anyone here like my buds in college, but I'm slowly trying. I know we've all said it before, but it's hard to make GOOD friends at this age. *sigh* It's cool you can hang out w/ your 'rents though. FUN!
"pboop"! HAHAHAHA!

6:19 PM, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home