Monday, August 07, 2006

MB Vacation Part 6: Pirate Swordfight on the Beach!

What a week we had! Beachin' it everyday, good food, pirate fun! We had a wonderful time. Here we are from left Me, Erin, Kathy and Alysa. I actually took a decent pic with the timer! YAY!


And because we needed more fun, we decided to pose with our swords...but more of that is to come!


Erin, Alysa and I had planned to recreate the triple swordfight on the beach from POTC: Dead Man's Chest: From left Erin is Commadore Norrington, I am Captain Jack Sparrow and Alysa is brave Will Turner.


Erin flees and we chase after her:


Then we realize whilst we have been fighting, someone has stolen the Dead Man's Chest!! After them!!!


We said goodbye to the beach early Saturday morning (5am!! YAWN!)and made our way to pick up Nate my nephew in VA where he had been vacationing with his grandparents. We made it to Gettysburg and ran around there for a few hours. Here Erin and Nate and I are on top of one of the New York Monuments. This is an amazing place. I had been in Jr High on a school Honor Society trip but I really feel like I would get more out of it now. I would love to go back in September when it is a bit cooler and spend a weekend there. There is a ton to see and do and it is a sad and amazing part of our national history. Everyone should go at least once in their life.


Yep, even with a Ford Excursion we were packed to the gills! We gassed up and made our way to dinner at the Craker Barrel. holy heck! Those places are on every corner!!! But Yumm!!!


Ahhh, the only part of Pennsyvania that I really enjoyed: This sunset was amazing. No seriously, it's not Pennsylvania really, it's that after beign on the road for 13 hours or more (including stops) PA is a pain to drive thru b/c it's so freaking long!!!


Well, I hope you enjoyed my recap of my crazy South Carolina vacation! We had a great time and I was glad to hang with my girls. (especially since they like to play pirate and talk in english accents!)Haha! So Thank you Mr. D'arcy! I had a wonderful time on vacation with you all!:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

Like I said in my email...all I want to do now is go on vacation!!

=)

2:41 PM, August 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to get the story that went with those pirate pictures on the beach. I knew you three were up to some swashbuckling adventure.Nate enjoyed seeing himself on your blog!

10:32 PM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home