Tuesday, July 18, 2006

ONE WORD MEME

Since I was in a rotten psycho mood yesterday, I filled out this meme. Today I put a second set for most of words that reflect the calmness I feel today with regards to issues I was having yesterday. I thought it would be funny to see them side by side. So the first set of words is from Monday (in red) and the second partial list of words (in blue) is from Tuesday.

I swiped this from Amy and this looked pretty cool and challenging. Since...

Y O U … C A N … O N L Y … T Y P E … O N E … W O R D !
N O … E X P L A N A T I O N S !

1. Yourself: Lost Exhausted
2. Your boyfriend: Nonexistant
3. Your hair? soft
4. Your mother? Beautiful
5. Your Father?Strong
6. Your Favorite item? Watch
7. Your dream last night: Annoying Strange
8. Your Favorite drink: Margarita
9. Your Dream Car: Land Rover
10. The Room You Are In: Pergatory Temporary
11. Your Ex: Indifferent
12. Your fear: Failure Emptiness
13. Where do you want to be in 10 years: Complete
14. Who you hung out with yesterday? Family:) Myself
15. What You’re Not: Driven Crazy
16. Your Best Friend: Sisters
17. One of Your Wish List Items: Career
18. What makes you happy: Dogs Chocolate
19. The Last Thing You Did: Write Medicine
20. What You Are Wearing: Dress PiratePants:)
21. Your Favorite Weather: Fall
22. Your Favorite book: Timeline
23. The Last Thing You Ate: Poptart Coffee
24. Your Life: Wasting Possibilities
25. Your Mood: Depressed Hopeful
27. What are you thinking about right now: Crying VACATION!
28. Your Crush: None Where?
29. What are you doing at the moment: Typing!
30. Your summer schedule: Work


That is hard to only keep it to one word...I did cheat on Land Rover, but you can't ahve one word without the other...

I had a minor breakdown yeaterday and needed to go home, cry it out and have some alone time to reflect. I ate some chips and chocolate, finished my book and when I woke up this am I was seeing more clearly tho I am exhausted from the stress of the day yesterday. Thank God for family and friends! My friend Ari gave me some great reminders last night and they really helped. Basically they were:

  1. Don't lose sight of your goals/plans
  2. Stay focused, Rome wasn't built in a day
  3. Push yourself to achieve and get what you want (IE: "GET OFF YOUR ASS!!!")
  4. Realize that everything is temporary and don't get bogged down in the little things
  5. You are not alone, you have friends who are willing to help and support you and know you can accomplish anything.

As if this post isn't long enough, here is a song by U2 that I have always loved and seems very appropriate for me over the last few days:

ACROBAT

"Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see

If you just close your eyes you can feel the enemy.

When I first met you girl, you had fire in your soul.

What happened t'your face of melting snow

Now it looks like this!

And you can swallow or you can spit

You can throw it up, or choke on it

And you can dream, so dream out loud

You know that your time is coming round

So don't let the bastards grind you down.

No, nothing makes sense, nothing seems to fit.

I know you'd hit out if you only knew who to hit.

And I'd join the movement If there was one I could believe in

Yeah, I'd break bread and wine If there was a church I could receive in.

'Cause I need it now.

To take the cup To fill it up, to drink it slow.

I can't let you go.

And I must be an acrobat

To talk like this and act like that.

And you can dream, so dream out loud

And don't let the bastards grind you down.

What are we going to do now it's all been said?

No new ideas in the house, and every book's been read.

And I must be an acrobat

To talk like this and act like that.

And you can dream, so dream out loud

And you can find your own way out.

And you can build, and I can will

And you can call, I can't wait until

You can stash and you can seize

In dreams begin responsibilities

And I can love, and I can love

And I know that the tide is turning 'round

So don't let the bastards grind you down."

And I won't...

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Love the meme swipeage. Keep your chin up--I think that this is just a rough time for everyone lately...damn economy. I blame stupid pres GDubya for all our problems--sound good? Haha. Anyway...*HUG*

2:27 PM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home