Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July Party 2006!!!

Another great 4th of July Weekend celebration at Mike and Kim's took place this last weekend. Swimming, kickball, boating, bocce tournaments, we did it all! Monday we also were able to go to the beach and also test our strength and fortitude tubing the lake. Here are a few pics of the fun that was had!


Saturday morning the Pirate Brigade (Nathan "My Eye!", and CC "Pirate Girl") was ready to sail. Needing Tikki Torch Fluid and some more cups, these two daring Scallywags hoisted the sails and made way to pick up the last minute supplies. The trip was complete with soundtrack (Pirates of the Caribbean) and some small sloops to overtake. We even made up a Chanty (ala Adam Sandler)of our own whilst driving behind a slow boat to China. It went a little something like this:

"I'm out for a leisurely drive
I'm 92 and my wife's 85!"

AARRGGHHH!! tee-hee. What fun! When we got back, Nate and I helped set up some more then had the first leg of our BB Gun shootout. I lost 11 to 6 BUT, I haven't shot in a few months so I thought that was pretty good. I'll bring it next time Nate! Make no mistake!!!:)



Swimming after the kickball game was a much needed cool down. Here I am with my 3 nieces from Rochester and my nephew Nate.


Every year we take a group picture of everyone who attended on the steps to preserve the memories. Next year we hope to have everyone there. We were missing 5 members due to conflicts and we missed them all!!

Later on after dinner and the Memory Book presentation, we had fireworks. I brought the glowsticks as usual. It rained for a moment but then stopped and we had a campfire. The day was great!

The next morning Captain Mike docked at our motel on the lake and picked a few of us up to take a morning boat ride around the harbor and portions of the lake. It was a beautiful day! Jim and the girls left later in the afternoon after lunch and the rest of us vegged and swam back at Mike and Kim's. Later Sunday night we watched firworks on the lake from our porch at the motel and played games.

Monday began with a huge breakfast out, (YUMMY!) and then we said goodbye to a Mom, Dad, Linny and Evan. Mike, Annie, Nate and Erin and I decided to go to the beach and swim and hang out for the remainder of the morning. We came back for lunch and then took the boat out tubing in the afternoon.

Nate and I hit some turbulence towards the end of our ride. This is a pic of us slowly slipping back. We caught some air a few times and finally decided on the count of 3 to let go before we fell off. What a riot! Erin hit some great waves on her solo run as well. It was a great day on the lake!


As usual, the days go by too fast and much fun was had by all. I am happy to say my endurance is up from last year, and even tho I am a bit sore from tubing (My Arm!!!) I can't wait to do it again! Thankfully it is only a 3 day work week and before I know it the weekend will be here again. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

I concur...the weekend was "big fun!" I actually relaxed a bit..
Bocce was fun...except for "My foot!"
I have one correction..I think we missed 4 of the family members not in attendance (?)

1:04 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Your nieces and nephews are so cute! It looks & sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
"bvdjspj"

1:06 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I'm a bonehead...I forgot to count the missing california contingent...I was afraid you were counting PieHole in your count of 5!!! Yes we did miss all five!

1:07 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Mark, Cullin, Kathy, Alysa and Thomas + 5 :)

1:08 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, you are one of the reasons our 4th of July parties are so much fun!! We are so glad that you can make it every year, and that you come early to help set up, and stay a little longer so the kids are not too depressed when everyone else goes home.
Hope to see "Chesty" the pirate girl soon!

6:28 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Wow! Looks like you had n awesome time!! We never do this type of big family thing any more.

7:39 PM, July 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home