Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Super Whatever Wednesday!!

Lately there has been all this talk about Superheros. As you know Superman is back on the big screen this summer, followed by Spidey and Batman returning in 2007. Sure they all wear tights and run around big cities, but that doesn't lessen their masculinity or effectiveness.

SUPERMAN
Personally I think Superman is fairly lame when it come to Superheros. I mean really people! The guy wears glasses and civilian clothes during the day and when crisis calls he puts on leotards, a cape and ditches the glasses. That's just ridiculous. Sure I agree with his motto of Truth , Justice and The American Way, but couldn't he be a little cooler? Superman does deliver and saves the day, but the character is not interesting enough to keep my attention. That's when my attention turns to the evil Lex Luthor b/c he is so much more interesting! I think the newer comic book and animated versions of Superman are decent but the movies just don't do him justice. Maybe this latest Superman movie will prove me wrong. Lex Luthor will always be the ubercool character of that story tho.


SPIDERMAN
Spiderman is definately a favorite of mine despite my irrational arachnophobia I deal with everyday. He's an average Joe who one day gets bitten by a radioactive spider and becomes Spiderman. If you are going to be a freak, this guy has the best abilities: Climbing walls, webslinging/swinging and spidey sense. Speaking of Spidey Sense,I have that too. I can spot a spider within seconds in any room I am in. I think because of my phobia, by senses are heightened to their presence. Weird, I know, but I digress...Spiderman knows what it is like to be normal and he also knows what it is like to be "super". This gives him a perspective on crime fighting that Superman doesn't have. The movies have been really great. I am hoping the next installment will be as addicting!

BATMAN
Of course there is one superhero that has been my favorite ever since I was little. Maybe it was because I watched The Adventures of Zorro (the original black and white eps) when I was younger and somehow it made me appreciate a man dressed in black wearing a mask...hahaha. Yes, I am talking about Batman. How much cooler can you get than a man who sought out and trained for years to return to his beloved Gotham City and fight the villans who pray on it's citizens? Sure he's a billionaire playboy as Bruce Wayne, so he has the money to fund all sorts of things like Batmobiles and awesome gadgets etc., but he is also a man with no special powers. He has skills people. Martial Arts skills... Stealthy Attack skills...Intimidating skills...The Batman relys on himself and his strength to defeat the evil. He is by far the most noble of Superheros in my book! You've got to love the villians of Batman too. They are creepy and demented, which makes you root for the Dark Knight even more.

Here are some little bits from interviews with Christian Bale and for the upcoming Batman movies. There are some very interesting comments here which makes me even more psyched for future Batman flicks!

Christian Bale (Batman) was the first to sign, followed by Michael Caine (Alfred), and Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox).A source also tells PageSix.com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Then adding of Katie Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress." "Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the JOKER rather than Katie and Tom."

Actor Christian Bale spoke to MTV about the Joker possibly being included in a sequel to the successful Batman Begins movie and how he feels about the infamous character."I want to see the Joker, because I think it will be a very different kind of Joker than people have seen before," he said. "I think even the card that you see at the end of the movie shows that it is a darker, more sinister-looking Joker than anything I have seen depicted before. I think it would be a good adversary."Bale also talked to the Chicago Sun-Times where he expressed his thoughts on Robin, the character whom plays Batman's teenage sidekick in the comics and previous Batman films."Thank God, there was no Robin," Bale says. "You really don't need him because Robin makes it campy and not dark.

The joker will not be killed in the sequel, that is a mistake they made in the frist film by Burton… it will spill into the 3rd installment where the Joker scars DA Harvey Dent in court with the acid….etc

According to BoF, the only names bandied about by Warners right now are British thesp Paul Bettany and the relatively unknown Aussie actor Lachy Hulme.



No Katie, the return of the Joker and we're in total agreement over the Robin factor!! They must have read my mind! Oh and BTW, noone was caring about Katie and Tom, I think most Bat fans were annoyed that she was even cast in the movie in the first place! Hmmm...I wonder who will be the next love interest? Angelina Jolie would make a fabulous Catwoman, yeah? If she is not available, I think I could clear my schedule to help Christian Bale out:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Love it...and CB looks SO hot in that picture. I'm glad there's no Katie Holmes in the next one. Happy Wednesday!

3:00 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Ah! My favorite kind of talk - superheros!! I am excited about the Superman movie and hope to go later this evening.

5:10 PM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home