Friday, June 09, 2006

Since Blogger has been a bit sluggish this week I haven't been able to post much. It's Friday, I am bored already at work and I thought some updates and randomness would keep me going, so here goes.


Recently the feeling to travel has been getting stronger. Not that I have money to travel anywhere very far right now, but the urge to just get away to someplace new for the weekend has been nagging at me. It's not so much to travel very far but to see and experience something new. Although I would love to travel abroad, I feel that there are many things to see and do right here in my own country. One of the main things that is holding me back is not having any friends in the area that want to explore with me. This weekend when I am home I am planning a hike as long as the weather cooperates. Maybe that will placate me for awhile, until I can formulate an adventure with some kindred souls (Christine! My Boys up north!!!).


The library gig is going great. The Librarian wants to start getting me acclimated with the administrative duties she does. Everyone is really great there and I think the more I learn early on about the different aspects of running a library, the better off I wil be when it comes to applying for schools and having a real focus. I am excited b/c who knows where I will end up. I have an incling judging from the ideas I have and things I like so far...but I won't make any predictions. I proved how NOT psychic I am by predicting Angelina would have a boy a few posts back...

I am also scoring some sweet books to read for this summer: my favorites! Historical fiction on Egypt and Pirates so far!! They have been just jumping off the shelves at me! I have also stumbled upon a movie I have been trying to find called "Dear Frankie" starring my Gerry Butler. I love the library!!!

That's it! Posting that pic did me in. I got nothin' else to say! What could possible follow Gerry Butler?

Have a great weekend everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger tabbi said...

Have a great weekend yourself! I hope you find the adventure you are looking for. There are cockfights every night at my house if you're interested... :-)

11:59 AM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Yea! Friday! Have a good weekend. Yummy pix.

12:04 PM, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you like the library I think it is a great direction for you to go. Not to mention I worked in a library for seven years and I loved it.
COme to Henderson for some adventure!!

6:33 PM, June 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home