Tuesday, May 23, 2006

All Wound Up!

This morning I am all wound up and I just keep saying and thinking of things that make me collapse in hysterics for some reason. I thought I would share with you.


Everywhere I go I see babies and happily married couples. I never thought I'd say it but I was sitting in Church on Sunday morning (well, me sitting in church is not the part I thought I would never say! haha) and I saw all these married couples with small babies and I was thinking..."How cute!! The bond between a mother and child always looks like an amazing gift. Awww! I want one" Then reality sets in..."OH shit! Is that my biological clock I hear ticking right now? I didn't know I had one of THOSE! How do you turn this damn thing off???!!!" Alas, I need not worry unless it is the product of an immaculate conception and after thinking in swear words in church, that won't be happening anytime soon!


Last night I am trying to play Tomb Raider: Legend on my PS2 and my roomate keeps interupting me. At one point she knocks on my door "Hey! I have to tell you something!" and I said something like "Can you hold on for just a few minutes? I'm kicking somone's ass here!" That made us laugh and it's making me laugh even harder as I am retelling it!


I got to work (on time!) today and I see our IT guy Sam in the hallway carrying an easel to the conference room. We say hello and he asks how I am and I say "Great! How are you?". He answers "Pretty good" and I followed with "Oh, Are you taking it easel today?" It took him a second, a bit of a delayed reaction, but he got it and chuckled. I burst out laughing and then apologized for such a lame joke. I explained that I am a little wound up today. He said he hopes that passes especially if it means more corny jokes like that one! Sam is a riot, and a good sport! (and I am pretty funny!)


Oh, and speaking of being on time to work, I never am. I have this issue with getting here on time. I am always a few minutes late and when you punch a clock (Yeah, even The Executive Assistant to the President punches a clock...don't get me started!)the attendance Nazi's watch every millisecond and mark it in their little "Attendance Nazi" books. You know, the ones with the schwasticas embossed on them. They tally it up at the end of the week and then they dock you for every 6 minutes you are late. Well, anywho, my point is everyone knows I am chronically late. I am more often late than early. So, the President calls in to say he will be late today and asks for me. I got here right on time this am, but I was not here early to get his call...What was he thinking? Am I EVER here before 8:30am? Hello?

Let me explain: I am not chronically late to every job, just those I am not fond of. Yes, this is a job and yes I am paying the bills (barely) but it doesn't mean I am excited to get here everyday. Even when I get up at 5:15am to workout, I STILL cannot get here on time. Talk about a mental block ehh?


Well that is all for now. I hope some of these stories made you smile today!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

Thanks! I needed a laugh today...all that comes out of my mouth today is sarcasm!

2:43 PM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now I know where Thomas gets his tardiness from (his Aunt Carol)

7:19 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home