Thursday, May 11, 2006

OUTRAGE on the American Idol Stage!!!!


Um...you're joking right? That's what I thought when Ryan Seacrest announced that Chris Daughtry was going home. I think EVERYONE was shocked by that and that America was actually silent for a full 10 seconds before they reacted. I love Katherine, but she deserved to go last night. I was really amazed at the fact that Chris was booted.

When I got to work today I had and email from my friend Chris. I hope he doesn't mind, but he took the words out of my mouth, so here is part of what he had to say:

"If it weren't for the season finale of Smallville tonight, I'm not sure I could bring myself to turn on the tv after watching Chris Daughtry's untimely exit from American Idol last night. I'm not sure which troubles my heart more; that half the county could vote for Al Gore (you remember, the guy who invented the internet), or that somehow the only contestant that I've seen in 4 years on American Idol who has already the total package (vocals,look,presence,etc.) doesn't even make it to the finals."

It was surreal, the looks on everyone's faces. Katherine was shocked, Paula was crying (tho I am not sure if it was mostly the valium or the fact that her dream of getting it on with Chris was dashed), and Chris himself seemed assured that Katherine was going to be called. His face for the rest of the show, even while he sang, looked mad, frustrated and annoyed. I felt bad. It sucked. I think most of America is collectively scratching their heads today.

All I can say to turn this into a positive is that Chris Daughtry doesn't need American Idol anymore. He got himself out their thru the vehicle of AI, he made his mark, he will get a record deal (if he hasn't already!) and he will ROCK!!!

Go get 'em Chris!!!




PS) I wanted to mention the highlight (for me) of Tuesday's performance show: Michael Rosenbaum was in the audience!!! Thank God for DVR b/c I literally fell off the couch and had to rewind to make sure that was actually him (he had a bit of hair since Smallville is thru filming for the season). I was actually getting up to go into the kitchen and lost my balance when I saw M.R...pathetic...yes, and thank you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say it again...

RATINGS

this whole thing is fixed.

although i do think there was a bit of "chris is safe" voting I am sure...a friend of a friend actually votes and she said she got through a bunch of times w/no problem...

anyway, he's probably better off not being the AI...look at Clay and Josh...they are sitting pretty and they didn't win. What happend to Rubin?

10:37 AM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Red Head it absolutely right - the fix is in.
It's all about marketing my friends...advertisers want people to watch...Aand perhaps people were getting a bit bored with the whole AI thing, it seemed the conclusion was widely accepted...and the thing wasn't even over yet...BUT Won't THIS shake things up...now many who had lost interest will come back to see what HAPPENS NEXT...

2:58 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Suspense. Intrigue. Money!!!

3:01 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

And may I add, we are so freaking gullible...this is all people are talking about today!...so we have just played right into it - we are building the "buzz"!
Perhaps everyone should simply boycott the last episodes...do they have a auditor that monitors the voting? (My guess is "NO"...or perhaps it is some cheesy firm like "Bucky and Joe's Auditing firm")

3:02 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yeah, I know I am feeding into it, but once in awhile I like to be part of Pop culture, to see what it is like to be one of the masses, the cattle...

BTW, Bucky can't audit anything...he was a contestant...conflict of interest!! LOL!!!!

4:10 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

See, you caught me...I had no idea that there was a contestant named "Bucky" (are you kidding me?)I lost interest in AI two seasons ago...

10:01 AM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home