Friday, May 05, 2006

Stinko de Mayo!!



Today is May 5th. While most people are celebrating Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday of independance and victory, I like to celebrate "Stinko de Mayo". Stinko de Mayo is a holiday of the freedom to stink. There are many ways to do this such as not taking a shower on this day, belching after eating a heavily seasoned meal or my favorite: flatulating whenever the mood strikes.

In honor of this freeing holiday, I wanted to share some photos of folks celebrating in some traditional ways.

"You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you let a big one out!"

Dancers will swing and wiggle their skirts around to release the aroma of their flatulents during parades and street festivals. This dance is commonly done outside, but can be done inside if ventilation is adequate.

The "Old Fart Queen" is seen here judging for a contest.

Here couples have a "Gas-off" which combines dancing with flatulation. Experienced dancers are able to fart along with the vivacious rhythm of the music while keeping their movements fluid and graceful.


*if you found this post offensive, I'm sorry. You should get a sense of humor!!

6 Comments:

Blogger tabbi said...

You are too much! Old Fart Queen.... :-)

10:21 AM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

ROTFLMAO!
And crying, too!
I should have known you would come up with Something Big from on this day!
You continue to crack me up!

10:27 AM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if the hokey pokey IS what it's really all about?

10:28 AM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger tabbi said...

This post kind of makes me glad you don't work in our office today. Happy Stinko de Mayo!

10:41 AM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Could you imagine if Pie Hole let one loose....

hold onto small children & pets! LOL LOL LOL

OOHHH! what if we put PH in a "gas chamber"...give me some yummy taco salads and pull my finger baby!!

3:32 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

hahahaha - funny. :o) I'm always amused by this holiday anyway since my students just use it as an excuse to drink.

10:05 AM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home