Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Whatever Wednesday!!

It's Wednesday!!! Yipee!!! I thought maybe after two days of nothingness I would attempt an actual post about something you all may find interesting to read. While trying to write something meaningful I will try and be as brief as possible!!!

My Mom had given me a request form for an Expedition Guide for the Earthwatch Institute. I sent it out and I just got the guide in the mail yesterday. It is the coolest thing ever. They are a global volunteer organization that connects us regular Janes (and Joes)to field researchers all over the world. You can sign up for trips (commonly 10 or 14 days in duration) and be a part of a team who is working to uncover artifacts in Italy, save elephants in Arfica or record fossil finds in Mexico!

There are tons of expeditions for everyone whether you like to scuba and want to put that to use or you are interested in world cultures. You can even stay in the continental US if you feel more confortable on your own turf. Of course you pay your way, but what an experience! For me this would be amazing and it is going on my list of "things to do" in the next few years (once I can afford it:) I am still learning about this organization and hoping to get some time to read the guide in full today or tomorrow. If you would like to learn more about these incredible programs visit the Earthwatch Institute website

Tonight I start my part time library position. I am very excited, tho a bit nervous. My nerves usually are a good indication of a positive experience, so I am hoping that holds true! I will have to update you all tomorrow on how it goes! Now where did I put my tweed skirt, grandma's sweater and my glasses with the chain so I can wear them around my neck??? tee-hee. :)

I installed Stat Counter on my blog about 3 weeks ago and it is the coolest thing! It's amazing the stuff that you can track and find out about your blog traffic! I am not into the whole "Big Brother" idea, except when I am Big Brother..or in my case Big Sister???? hahahah! (insert maniacal laugh here)

7 Comments:

Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Yea, statcounter is pretty cool. I don't get much in the way of random searches now that I purged the blog, but I still can see when my regulars stop by! ;)

10:56 AM, May 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my my

oh hell yes

1:53 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

You gotta put on that party dress!!!

2:04 PM, May 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move it over there coz I'm a double dipper


Upside down on the zip-zip-zipper

2:08 PM, May 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what's up w/the little guy in the wheel chair next to the word verification all of the sudden?

I shall name him Senor Felipe in honor of Cino de Mayo...

ok, it's a couple of days aways - I really just wanted to name him though.

2:12 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yeah our little "HandiMan". I was wondering about him myself and so I clicked on him and my speaker was on and I heard voices saying numbers...but different than the normal voices I hear!!! So you type in the numbers as you hear them for word verification. Craziness.

2:53 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Yeah, statcounter's nice, if you remember to use it. I usually forget. "...Last dance w/ Mary Jane..." Love that song. Ah, senior year of high school..

3:15 PM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home