Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday News and Random Thoughts

So today I am actually a bit busy here. I have a few quick thoughts and some news then I will post my Summer CD collage.

Firstly let me say that next Wednesday I will be starting my new part time job (evenings with some weekend time eventually) at the local Library just a few block from my Apartment. I am very excited about this, and I know many people who may read this and think "CC working in a Library?? HUh??" Well my friends, things have changed since HS and even since College. This will give me an opportunity to work in a public library and see if a Masters in Library Science would be a good fit for me. Library Science is not just being a librarian and signing out books anymore. It's increasingly about Technology and using it to our advantage. Libraries are changing and I may just want to be a part of that. Wish me luck!

I am trying hard to actively take a part in figuring out what the Hell I am here for and what I should be doing with my life. Maybe it's a late start but at least it's a start. Who knows where this may lead. :)


Angelina Jolie: I saw an interview with her on the Today show this am. Anne Curry (I love her! Why didn't she get picked to take over for Katie!!!??)went to Africa for Global Education week and interviewed Angelina on one of her humanitarian visits to a small village in Namibia, Africa. Angelina has always been seen as a sexy, dark and dangerous (and often weird) person. I have always liked her and her movies tho. I know some of you dispise her especially for the whole "Brangelina" debauchle, but I had to post this b/c I think she is turning her life around a bit and becoming a useful member of society on a global scale.


I often thought in interviews that even tho she is many things, happy was not a word that one would use to describe her. For me, laughing and being happy is the cornerstone of my existance. Laughter is such a powerful thing and should be a part of everyone's life. Everyone needs to be silly sometimes!!! In the interview this morning, Anne Curry said that she had heard that Angelina has been giggling a lot lately, to which Angelina responded with a giggle and quipped that it's the pregnancy. Anne said basically that Jolie should keep the giggling even after pregnancy because it's a good thing. I agree. She needs to shed some of that darkness. She is a Mom now and she needs to let some happiness and light into her personality...but she can still wear black if she wants! I know I do!!!:)

Oh and by the way, I think she is going to have a boy. Just wanted to put that out there in case she does have a boy then you can all think I am prophetic!:)haha!


Yeah, I was also going to post My Summer CD list but the alignment of it messed with my blog so I decided to scratch it until I can make it work. So hope your Thursday is going well! Tomorrow if Friday!!! Yippeee!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Good post today...:o) (sorry that was a boring comment :o( )

2:34 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Good luck with the library thing!! It's totally true. Libraries are far more about information these days than just collecting books. It's about how to archive and retrieve electronic stuff. Go you!

6:17 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Oh, Pulease! Yeah, isn't Angelina great now...stole someone's husband, is having his baby, poses with some poor little African children now she's the savior of the world. Kudos to her publicist...

11:00 AM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home