Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hey Tabbi!! It's a "Wonderfalls" Post!!!



This post is for Tabbi. She has recently turned me on to a show called "Wonderfalls". I started watching and I couldn't stop laughing (or shaking my head in agreement!) This show is a riot. I think I actually remember seeing part of the first episode, thinking it was kinda cool, but not having time to watch it. So now thanks to Tabbi I get to see the entire season!!! Yipee!

I guess only 4 episodes ran and then it got canceled. There were a lot of people who tried to save the show but to no avail! Then they released the DVD about a year ago with a full season of episodes! (13)!!! Here is a quick Synopsis I got off the TV.com website:



Set against the backdrop of Niagara Falls, Wonderfalls is a quirky one-hour family dramedy about an underachieving twenty-something souvenir shop worker named Jaye Tyler. Her life is forever changed when inanimate figures – including toys, cartoons and anything in the form of an animal,(like the wax lion above or the Brass Monkey book end below) begin to talk to her. In each episode, the creatures' cryptic messages set into motion a chain of unpredictable events that invariably lead Jaye into the lives of others in need.

Throughout the series' bizarre situations and madcap adventures, Jaye seeks advice from her best buddy Mahandra and befriends Eric, a local bartender who tries to help answer her unrequited questions. Is the universe conspiring against her? Is this real or just her imagination? Should she struggle with fate or surrender to destiny? Whatever the outcome one thing is for certain - Jaye will discover that the world around her is a magical place and that the seemingly random events in her life are actually all part of something much greater.



Oh yeah and there's a hot boy in it too! the Bartender Eric! I have only watched the first two Episodes so far, but I am interested to see what happens there!



So, if you get a chance, check out Wonderfalls! It's a very witty show from the minds who produced a plethera of great shows like: My So-Called Life, Twin Peaks, Felicity and Freakylinks to name a few. Great writing and really right-on life commentary. Thanks Tabbi!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger tabbi said...

I hope you enjoy the entire series, I know I did. They only played 4 episodes before they cancelled it. I found out when I tuned in to watch the 5th episode and something else was on. On the upside, when the DVD set came out I got to see 9 brand new episodes instead of 8. Happy viewing!

11:59 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Oh man! I loved that show! I thought it was so funny! I didn't know it was on DVD. I'll have to pick it up. That's what it gets for being a FOX show. FOX is SO F'ING CRAPPY about starting good shows and then cancelling them.

9:59 AM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home