Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ranting and Ranting...but all in good fun!

For the last month I have had the amazing opportunity (that was sarcasm) of ordering lunches 2 -3 times a week (or more) for an ongoing strategy meeting. I order everyday, arrange for check or cash from accounting, for our courier pick it up if it cannot be delivered and set everything up (plates, napkins, drinks, utensils etc etc etc). It's easy tho, Thanks to doing those catering jobs for Dad with Pinky and Lamby ! (Eh Lamby?) Ahh the fabulous life of an Executive Assistant...

Anywho, you would think that one of these days they would decide to reward my dilligence and planning and invite me to order something for myself. Well, you would think...but they never do. Today I was tempted to order myself up a pint of something filthy from the chinese place. They would never notice, I would take mine before they got theirs and Accounting would't bat and eyelash b/c the attendance varies from meeting to meeting. Responsible me sees that as being less than polite and trustworthy so I didn't do it. I feel that I should be offered to partake, not partake without being offered. If they just offered once that would be nice.

Now, this meeting is called Lean Manufacturing. Anotherwords: How can we do more with less? Well, for one, you can stop spending $70 -$100 (yeah it could be worse but it's the principal here people!) on lunch for the meeting attendees every time you meet! Once a week is fine but come on! This week it has been meetings all 5 days! Two days last week, three the prior and so on. As I see it, the Tip -Tops want to cut all the lower minions in any way they can, but they want to keep themselves fat and healthy. I know this is how the world works, it's just really funny that they don't think the rest of us Working Joe's and Jane's realize it. I mean, with the rise in fuel costs alone for gas and energy, is a 3% raise really going to cut it? Ok I will stop now, b/c that last sentence is a totally differnt can of worms right there!!!

Argh. I love the library tho! I helped a littel boy find a book last night (and he said Thank you!!), I learned some new things and explored a bit more so I get used to the layout. Oh and guess what the Children's Summer Reading Program Theme is??? "Readng is a Treasure"!!! HA!! or should I say ARRGGHH!! The Librarian told me she would love it if I could do a story hour with my pirate voice. Wouldn't that be awesome??? But alas, my weekdays are filled with this boring place! :(

Today I feel a bit peckish?? Well yeah I am hungry, but I am feeling like some quotes from Eddy Izzard's Dress to Kill would be fun. I dare say, he's bloody brilliant! Enjoy!!

"If you're choking in a restaurant you can just say the magic words, "Heimlich maneuver," and all will be well. Trouble is, it's difficult to say "Heimlich maneuver" when you're choking to death."

"What shall we call our son so he does not get the shit kicked out of him at school? We shall call him Englebert Humperdinck! Yes, that'll work."

"We stole countries! That's how you build an empire. We stole countries with the cunning use of flags! Just sail halfway around the world, stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain." And they're going, "You can't claim us. We live here! There's five hundred million of us." "Do you have a flag?" "We don't need a bloody flag, this is our country you bastard!" "No flag, no country! You can't have one. That's the rules... that... I've just made up! And I'm backing it up with this gun... that was lent from the National Rifle Association."

"Cable cars are fun - everyone gets on board and becomes a rhesus monkey."

"Cake or Death?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddy Izzard is absolutely the most hilarious transvestite comedian ever!

9:22 AM, May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home