Friday, May 19, 2006

What's hot on my list this week?

Today I thought it would be fun to make a list of all the things I am interested in lately (or obsessed with as some like to say!) . I have also added some upcoming things that I am really excited about.

Music:



Stadium Arcadium by the Red hot Chili Peppers. I like the fact that they have "cleaned up their acts" so to speak. There are alot of great songs I just can't get out of my head. I would recommend this as an excellent driving CD. I plan to make many trips with this as my soundtrack this summer!



Other music:

Sting just announced that he is coming oput with a new album. Tt's not his typical stuff but an album of 16th century Lute music. I know, you are thinking Huh? How boring probably, but I am really psyched to hear it. I love to hear all eras of music and this will be something unique.

Books:

Currently I am reading the Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips. Christine gave me this for my birthday back in November, but I am just getting to the point of reading it now. I am glad to have some time to get to read now that I am not taking a summer class! I have only just begun but it looks really great. Thanks Christine!! I think I will really enjoy it.




MOVIES:

Since there is nothing at the theaters which I am interested in seeing now here is a list of the movies I would like to see. These are coming soon (this summer) to a theater near you:

  1. X-Men: The Last Stand (Hugh Jackman makes mutants Hot!!!!)
  2. The Lake House (I am not so much in to sappy love stories but this one I am interested in: starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. Hey Dude! There's no bus in this movie!!!)
  3. Superman Returns (even tho Superman is not my favorite superhero, I still am interested to catch this one in the theater)
  4. The Lady in the Water (M. Night Shayamalan. Need I say more?)
  5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (ARGH!!)
  6. Click (Adam Sandler can control time by his remote control? A dooby hooby day ditty doo!)

A few I will wait to rent:

  1. The Omen (man I wish they would stop with the remakes but I love Julia Stiles)
  2. The Devil Wears Prada (With a title like that, I can't not see it!)
  3. Nacho Libre (Jack Black is Mexican and wears tight pants. No need to see that on the big screen thank you. Ole!)


GAMES

Yep, I am Tomb Raiding on a regular basis lately. I know I have mentioned it before, but it is fun. New games are always fun. Most of my games are butt-kickin girl games anyway (Buffy, Alias, Dark Angel, and now 2 Tomb Raider games) I do have a few guy games tho: Indiana Jones, Batman Animated, Batman Begins and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Sensing a theme are you? Tv and Movie games. One I don't have that I hope they will come out with for PS2? Um yeah: Pirates of the Caribbean of course!!

The thing I am really looking forward to (this weekend) is getting a chance to watch some movies, veg out, read a bit and play a little PS2. Oh yeah and sleep in and eat a ton and...well you get the idea. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

OOh, CC, I LOVE the hotlist today! I agree w/ most of your stuff (so far the list of movies currently out are SO NOT appealing to me). I love Julia Stiles too. And, even though I don't like Keanu so much, I wanna see the Lake House b/c it looks like such a good story (and it intrigues me, the science fic portion of it)
"ybarm"

2:54 PM, May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home