Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Musical meme!

Ok, so I stole this littel gem from Amy. It looked pretty neat so here goes. even tho I thought of a bunch of other fgroups like The Rolling Stones and Led Zepplin etc here are the ten that came out first.

List ten musical artists you like (do this before reading the questions/responses below).

1) Sting
2) Cold Play
3) U2
4) The Red Hot Chili Peppers
5) The Doors
6) Seal
7) John Mayer
8) INXS
9) Van Halen
10)Aerosmith

1. What was the first song you ever heard by No. 6? "Crazy" because we're never gonna survive unless, we get a little crazy...

2. What is your favourite album of No. 8? "Kick" It was in heavy rotation in Jr High.

3. What is your favorite lyric of No. 5? I will do two, 1 sad, 1 happy: "This is the end,Beautiful friend,This is the end,My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end Ill never look into your eyes...again" And now a happy: "She lives on love street Lingers long on love street She has a house and garden I would like to see what happens"

4. How many times have you seen each of your ten bands live? Sting: once Some of the others are dead/not together anymore and the fact that I don't get to see many live bands.

5. What is your favorite song by No. 7?: "Neon" is a great tune.

6. Is there a song of No. 3 that makes you sad? "Stuck in a moment that you can't get out of"

7. What is your favorite song by No. 2? "In my Place"

8. What is your favorite song by No. 9? Oh that is too hard to pick just one!! When I was little it was "Hot for Teacher" b/c I loved the crazy drums and guitar. Now I would say: "Drop Dead Legs"

9. What is your favorite album by No. 1? Ten Summoner's Tales is my favorite Sting CD for Summer...otherwise I would list all his albums b/c I can't pick an overall favorite!!

10. How did you get into No. 3? My brother used to listen to the Joshua Tree in High school, but it wasn't into them until college when someone bought me Zooropa as a birthday gift. It was a random gift by someone I hardly knew.

11. What is your favorite song by No. 4? I have 4 RHCP songs: "Taste the Pain", "Breaking the Girl", "Around the World" and "Hey"

12. Who is your favorite band member in No. 9? Eddie Van Hallen of course! Hot (well maybe not so much anymore? haven't seen him lately) but he is amazing on that guitar!

13. Which of the ten has influenced you the most? All have influenced or touched me in some way thru their music. Sting has to be the most influencial. His music is always with me, thru good and bad. The good times feel as if they couldn't get any better and the bad times never seem as bad when I am listening to him.

14. What is a good memory concerning No. 2? The fact that some of my friends think of me whenever they hear Cold Play (on the radio, in a store etc.).

15. Is there a song by No. 8 that makes you sad? "Never Tear Us Apart"

16. What is your favorite song of No. 1? "Englishman in New York", "Fields of Gold","After the Rain has Fallen" and "Seven Days": Again I could go on and on but this is long enough already!

17. What would you do to meet No. 10? I would get back stage because I would steal a pass from an unsuspecting attendant and pass it off as my own. :) I am pretty stealthy like that you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home