Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

Boy has this been a crazy week. Between work and getting ready for my vacation, I have had a full one and a mentally draining one at that. I thought I would take a few minutes to recount a few situations that really make me glad I am getting out of Dodge for a week. Things that make my blood boil and pound into me again and again that I need to GET OFF MY ASS!!

  1. It seems that everyone is taking the same week off I am so the work load will be left to a chosen few who will be no doubt overwhelmed. I will do as much as I can to make the week as easy as possible, by getting ahead and helping out where I can extra. Otherwise, it's my vacation time, I earned it and I am taking it. And don't think I will be giving this place a second thought after I pull out of the parking lot tomorrow afternoon either!
  2. It has been brought to my attention that I have misbehaved here at work recently. I have been pitching in and learning new things so as to basically keep the purchasing department running whilst they are in meetings all day every day for the past 3 weeks. Placing orders, assigning product, tracking shipping and receiving, troubleshooting and general running around trying to push tru rushes etc. I have gladly taken on the responsibility and run with it and was getting great feedback from the powers that be on my performance. (of course) Yesterday I was told that my coworker/trainer/whatever person said she caught me emailing a few times during the day and if it kept up she would tell my supervisor. REALLY? Emailing? Am I completing all my work during the day? (yes) Am I doing everything correctly and in a timely fashion? (yes) Do I take on more work with a good attitude and ask questions when I am not sure how to proceed? (yes) THEN WHAT'S THE BLOODY PROBLEM THEN??? I will email and blog my little arse off any damn time I want b/c I can do that AND get all my work done AND ask for more and help someone else out with theirs!!! I don't smoke so I never get as many breaks as they do, I have gone without lunches to get her work done AND this is how she repays my work ethic?? She just made a fatal mistake, especially to someone like me who prides myself on my work ethic and level of responsibility even when I hate the job and it bores me to death. She is lucky to have me and since I am looking elsewhere for employment as it is I shall thank her for her nit-picking b/c it might just be the push I need to really get the job done and LEAVE.
  3. Remember when I posted about ordering lunches and never getting offered any? Well I have been ordering lunched every day this week for meetings...but this time I got offered some...well sort of. One day they just wanted pizza. I ordered it, set it out for them and they ate like good little piggies. An hour later I was offered a peice of pizza and it went something like this "CC. There is one little piece left if you want it." Gee, thanks for the leftover cold piece that noone wanted, but I'll pass.:)
  4. Last week on Friday in my rage and beginning of my mental breakdown I took down all of my "wall of weird" I had up...The Mr and Mrs. poster and cartoons made by Mr Smith, my other pics and saying speople have left me etc. emptied pretty much all but a few cubes that are mine and I will take with me. My desk looks pretty empty now and undecorated...I wonder if anyone noticed? It's just easier that way. I just have to throw a couple paper cubes in my bag and walk out if the mood strikes. Not that I would without a backup job, but it's fun to think about!
  5. Arrgh, this time tomorrow I will be on the road to Myrtle Beach South Carolina for my vacation. Yes, we are driving 13 -14 hours or whatever, but I will take whatever gets me away from here and to sand and sun and surf!!
  6. Hot guy in the office today giving a presentation to one of the meetings. He is older I think, but what a body on him!!! Good Lord!!! "The Heat!!! It's the Heat!!" (CC yells, then faints, and opens her eyes slightly to see if he's coming to tend to her).
  7. Got a couple of good reads for vacation out at the library while I was working last night. Both Archaeology based fiction. Once set in Scotland and One set in the Caribbean (of course). Plus I am bringing with me my "A General History of Pirates" (short stories of famous pirates) and "Surfing the Himalayas" a story of a man's journey to the himalayas and learning about Buddhist Enlightenment and applying it to his own life. My Mom gave me a while back b/c she enjoyed reading it and b/c she thought I would appreciate the wisdom of Master Fwap...as I have learned so much from Master Po thru the years:)

OK enough of this ranting and raving for today! I best get back to work before the Nazi's find out I have been blogging for longer than my allotted time during the day! Tally ho my good friends! Come back tomorrow to see my farewell post as I send myself off on a week long vacation!!!:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Ooh, those books sound good...what are the titles again? let me know, ok?
Have fun on your vacay! I'll miss the CC blog while you're away, but eagerly await detes & pics when you return!!

3:44 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Yeah, me too. Miss you! Post pictures!

10:01 AM, July 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home