Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Greetings and Salutations

Greetings and Salutations...
The Lunchtime Poll:

Veronica Sawyer: This may seem like a really stupid question...
J.D.: There *are* no stupid questions.
Veronica Sawyer: You inherit 5 million dollars the same day aliens land on the earth and say they're going to blow it up in 2 days. What do you do?
J.D.: That's the stupidest question I've ever heard.

I just recently watched Heathers and thought of an old friend who I have lost touch with. It was difficult, he moved to the west coast and I was on the east coast in college.

We met at Enchanted Forest in the summers and from there became good friends. We were obsessed with Batman, Tim Burton, and Heathers. One year he came with me to a Halloween party dressed as JD. He bought me the rubber mask so I could be Catwoman. We had so much fun hanging out together.

He was the best, a great friend and a kindred spirit and I wish we were still in touch. This line in particular makes me think of him b/c it was on a mix he had made:

Veronica Sawyer: And to think that there was a time when I actually thought you were cool. Man, if you can't deal with me now, then stay home and shoot your tv, blow up a couple of toasters or something. Just don't come to school and don't mess with me




So, in feeling a little nostalgic today, this post is dedicated to Dave Parrish, wherever he may be...

J.D.: Our love is God, let's go get a Slushie.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh man! Wiccachicky and I LOVE this movie. "If you're going to fuck w/ the eagles, you'd better learn to fly". And, "What's your damage Heather?!" Classic!

12:56 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

"Whether or not a teenager decides to kill themselves is the biggest decision of their life."

hahahahahahaha!

"I knew that loose was too noose... uh... noose too loose... "

It's so dark and cracks me up!!

1:58 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

OMG!!!!! You are SO my favorite person for posting about Heathers!!! This is one of my very favorite movies and I LOVE the concept of the lunchtime poll. Ah...young Christian Slater. Yum.

9:48 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Oh yeah, fav quote (since Amy already played that):

"This is Ohio. If you don't have a brewski in your hand you might as well be wearing a dress. "

9:49 PM, August 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home