Monday, February 21, 2011

HELP Me Build a Portfolio!

I thought I would try to post from my iPod today. Yes, my iPod. I guess this is a good way to keep my posts short and readable!
We will see how this turns out.

I need the your help gentle readers. Yeah, you! Whether you have commented on posts or enjoy lurking, now is the time to speak up!
I am putting together a "portfolio" of my writing and hoped if there were a few posts that stuck out you could recommend them for inclusion.
If you think I am crazy or that it's about time I got off my ass and tried my hand at writing for a career choice please let me know as well. Constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcome!

Have you ever put together a portfolio? From artwork to writing samples it must all work the same, but if you have experience in this area I would love to hear any advice. I assume I need an array of writing styles from serious to humorous, researchy to pure fiction. Yep. I said researchy...blame Joss Whedon. Also, if you have a topic for a post in an area you think I am lacking in, let me know and I will get on it.

Signing off from my iPod (which is sort of a slow and painful way to post on a blog),

CC

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few things you should always keep in mind as a writer:
1) Your attempt will fail just like all your previous ones.
2) No one cares about what you have to say.
3) But so what?

3:43 PM, February 22, 2011  
Blogger C.C. said...

Love that constructive criticism!

4:42 PM, February 22, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who's made a career writing, the best advice I can give you is to focus the portfolio -- you actually want it to package you as a certain KIND of writer, so I'd pick samples that are all in the same kind of vein. One of the biggest problems with writing as a career is that people assume if they can write something, they can write anything. While there is some truth to that in a way, it won't get your foot in the door. Decide what type of writer you want to be, and tailor the portfolio to land that job.

Just my 2 cents. :o)

5:15 AM, February 23, 2011  
Blogger C.C. said...

Thank you Wicca. I appreciate hearing from somone who has published and has real life experience in writing. I think your 2 cents is priceless!

8:55 AM, February 23, 2011  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Cite your source, Anonymous.

9:39 AM, February 23, 2011  
Anonymous henlib said...

1. Don't listen to anonymous

2. More operation whitetail stories

3. You have a great sense of humor, keep it light and funny!

9:30 PM, February 23, 2011  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Anonymous plagiarized his comment from another blog. Must give credit to the original source...Or maybe post an original thought. Just sayin'

3:21 PM, February 28, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home