Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello, My Name is Low Self-Esteem, Wanna Date?

I feel especially bad for this guy, because he probably is nice enough, he just never got the memo about focusing on the positive. Would you start your cover letter with "I'm not very good at this and you probably won't hire me, but here are my qualifications anyway..."? Yea. I didn't think so. Check this out:

He sent me this email:
"Hello
I'm not good at this so I'd thought I'd drop a line and just say hi. If you're not interested, well then I guess I won't here back. If you are, and I know my profile isn't the best piece of writing, ask away and I can elaborate. I do have two little princesses which isn't what you're looking for, but if you change your mind..."


After that I really didn't want to even look at his profile. For some reason, I didn't have the warm fuzzies, go figure! Part of his main Profile opener was at the top of the email so here is part of that. Nothing like beating a dead spider! (sorry, I don't like envisioning dead horseys. Dead spiders on the other hand, no problem!)

Honest, dependable with a touch of clown and a lot to offer...I can be your special someone.
First off, it's not the best photo of me, but it'll have to do. Not sure on what to write and never thought I'd be doing this, so don't rush to judgment on what I put, please. It's hard to meet people and break the ice, so I figure this might help. I'm not a great writer, especially when it comes to myself, but here goes...

I love the main hook line: a touch of clown That can be scary...especially when he clearly isn't a psycho clown but a sad, depressed, negative, low self-esteem clown. (insert B-Horror movie scream here)

He also makes reference to the fact that he has two little princesses in his email...that is exactly why I do not want a guy who already has kids. If you call your little girls princesses or refer to them as such to others, there is a MAJOR issue there. In my experience, they are spoiled brats who rule the roost. Sorry, I don't put up with that shit, especially from kids who are not biologically my own. Judge me if you must, but that is not the dynamic I am looking for. I am not planning on changing my mind on my preferences regarding children, education and religion, EVER.

Was that last rant a psycho moment? LOL. Hey, I have strong convictions. That's a good thing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

This one just makes me sad. I certainly can imagine that online dating seems daunting...especially when you thought your life was perfect and had 2 little princesses. This sounds like someone put him up to this, and he's not ready. My advice: Sad Clown, just enjoy your "princesses", and worry about dating when your heart can be in it.

8:51 AM, February 15, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home