Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Where should I start? I have a lot of thoughts today.

1. Why is it that everytime I start a project at work and get a few weeks into it thinking that I am halfway though and making progress, the powers that be decide that they are "rethinking" their strategy? I can understand if this happened once in a while, but it has happened for the last 5 or 6 projects and frankly I am starting to get REALLY annoyed. I have even asked the questions, "This is the direction we are going in, everyone is on board, etc?" before I start a project now, but it doesn't seem to help. I need to get out of here, I can't hardly breathe today from this unorganized mess. I used to try to keep everyone else as organized as I am but it just isn't working. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink...

2. I am addicted to the show Paranormal State on A&E. They are the only show I have seen that actually combines paranormal research with the social and human aspect. They enlist psychics, mediums and counselors and have helped many families deal with issues that are paranormal as well as human in nature. They seem to have found some compelling evidence for the paranormal which is really cool, but the thing that I love is that at the heart of all these investigations there is concern for the people it affects, especially psychologically. It's amazing how teaching people to take back the power in a situation can do.

One Psychic/Medium that is regularly on the show is Chip Coffey and will be in my city in May. Love him! I am going to go and see the panel he is on, which is taking place in the theater we did the "ghost hunt" and presentation in a few Halloweens. Here is the old post. The Director of PRS, Ryan, is my "paper soul mate", which means on paper we are a great match...if you believe what you read. Most importantly he has strong convictions and beliefs and is a good leader. I love the rest of the cast as well. If Elfie ever gets tired of Historical research, I would gladly take over! They all seem very real and down to earth. You should check it out, 10pm on Mondays on A&E.

3. That last thought was kinda long. So I will make this one short: I think I am gonna go home and play me some Tomb Raider.

4. I was thinking of starting a second blog. Just videos. Videos that I take on my new camera. Like road trips and silly things. What do you think?

5. Oh, Twilight. So Big Geek got the dvd, something I said I would NEVER buy. After she brought me her copy (she said she wouldn't watch it with me because I would laugh at it too much)I watched the entire two discs. I come to the same conclusions. The story was cool but they misssed the mark on many things. The DP tried too hard to get those money shots and many seemed forced and contrived. Edward was perfect. The Cullens were well cast adn should have been featured more. Jasper is AWESOME! The music was lame. The sound editing and music editing was HORRENDOUS!(It's amazing how more blindingly truthful listening to it on nice headphones is). Bella was terrible. I came to the conclusion that if everything else stayed the same, the one thing that would make me enjoy this movie the most is if they would have cast someone other than Kristen Stewart. She is terrible even laughable at times (think hospital bed argument with Edward). If this had been filmed 6-7 years ago, Rachel McAdams would have been my pick for Bella. But alas, we are stuck with the whiney, eye rolling Kristen Stewart.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home