Top Ten Reasons Why I Hate My Job
10. The coffee here SUCKS.
9. I like 3 people in the company...TOTAL
8. It's located in Syracuse, NY.
7. None of the higher ups ever follow the chain of command which makes communication about scope and approvals on projects almost impossible.
6. I feel more fufilled blogging than doing my daily "chores"
5. T.A.P. (The Texas Asshole, Blowhard, Bullshitting, Lazy-assed, butt-kissing, flip-flopping, Herman Munster look alike piece of SHIT...)
4. Nepotism prevails even in a time of layoffs. Playing office to add to the money you already have while people who gave 18+ years to the company to fill your pockets and still have nothing are laid off is just wrong.
3. Poor management styles that go unchecked.
2. Being stuck in the middle of poor communication and management skills between the higher ups, and designers who need to be spoon fed.
1. Bored Now. (I am bored with the products I am marketing, bored with the people and bored with the industry.)
OK, so maybe many of these things are part of ANY job. I obviously have an issue with authority, get bored easily and enjoy good coffee. Does this mean I should own my own coffee shop? :)
(and other sundry things)
The Smithsonian is stalking me. They have a great price on their magazine right now. I had stopped getting the subscription a year ago because is was too expensive. This offer sounds great though. I think I may renew. I do enjoy the magazine.
In the current economy I think there are a few places where you can still make a living: Mortuary Science (because everyone dies sometime), Health Care (for now anyway), and Movie Theaters (people love to escape from reality, especially now).
I saw an ad the other day that said the Mathmatics is the language of the world because no matter what language you speak, it is the same for everyone. I suppose that is true and as I always felt that Music was the universal language. Both are accurate since Music is after all mathmatically based.
Sometimes, I like to push T.A.P.'s buttons (see #5 above). I guess it is childish, but I see it as tit for tat. He likes to use stupid sayings in emails that he sends me with marching orders (even tho he is not my boss) like : okie dokie, "Me thinks..." and "What say you??" with lots of punctuation as well as smiley emoticons :) or ;) The other day after he sent me a long email I replied that (in the fashion of his earlier remarks) he probably should "run this by the president before we get started on this, okie dokie?" Boy did I get the reaction I was looking for. I chose my button pushing moments carefully, and this one was long overdue. I gotta admit, it was really fun.
Well, enough of my spouting off. It's Friday!!!