Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Blog as Journal

As I look back on previous posts I realize even more why I love my blog. It is really my journal to express my feelings and thought at the time, that usually, help me grow to a new place even a few days later. I enjoy going back and reading all the psycho-ish thoughts I have had in the past. They make me laugh.

Any way you look at it, this blog is my therapy, because let's face it, I need it! I can't believe that noone commented on my Hockey post. I thought it was an interesting comment on crowd mentality at sporting events and the violence we (willingly or unwillingly, knowingly or unknowingly) allow into our lives as well as our children's lives.

Lately, my search for a more meaningful career, a niche, a calling as it were, is tops on my spew list here in cclifeblog. I am sane enough to kow I am working through things, although not privately, but for the sake of some feedback from you gentle readers. I guess that is just how I roll.

Look, the reality is this: My company has lost over 1/3 of it's work force through layoffs in the past 9 months. The most recent layoffs came two weeks ago before the end of a quarter (which makes me even more nervous). Then hourly workers who were left had their hours cut. It is commonly known from good sources that the company is giving it the old college try for another 6 months and will then re-examine the options at that time. Like many companies, the air is thick with fear and uncertainty, which in my case breeds the search for a job I enjoy.

When it comes to my current situation I feel like Lloyd Dobler in "Say Anything":
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that. "

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Llyod! :o)

I think commenting is down all over the place and it's not really a result of topics. More people are using RSS feeds to pull in blogs, so they aren't really on your page the same way they used to be when everything was bookmarked. I've noticed that very few people ever comment on my blog any more, and I used to have tons of comments! But I also don't comment as much on other peoples' blogs, so I think that's part of the issue.

8:27 AM, March 04, 2009  
Blogger Sparkles said...

Yeah... A blog is a great way to get ideas from your peers. The Johari Window is a great tool that you introduced me to.. An awesome way to find out how people would characterize you. Planning on posting my own to Facebook soon :)

10:38 PM, March 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home