Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Freakout

As I finally head out of the depression abyss I was lost in for a few days, I have to thank a few people who helped me "turn towards the light Carol Ann". This was one of the toughest weeks ever for me and I only made it through because I have such amazing friends, though I am not sure I deserve them.

Big Geek: What would I do without her? She listens, she gives good advice, she sets me straight and she makes me laugh even when I am a pouty, whiney brat. She is like my sister Lamby, although 3 cubicles down. Big Geek is awesome, and even though she knows it already, I really should tell her that more often. Beth, you rock! Thanks!

Chantal: We had dinner at Moe's Tuesday night and it brightened my mood considerably. I think the thing that really made me try harder to get out of my funk was the fact that she said she cried when she read my blog. I am glad she said that because I would never want to make my friends sad, especially Chantal because she is such a good egg who wants the best for everyone and deserves the best herself! Thanks Chantal!

Nate: Good old Nate. He is like the twin brother I never had. I was thinking of calling him Thursday night, and then he beat me to it. Psychic link perhaps? We had a great conversation and caught up with each other. It's nice to know there is someone else going through similar work woes and that laughing about how we both want a garage filled with various movie and tv cars (Knight Rider, Back to the Future, A-team, Scoobie Doo, etc) can make us both feel better. Much thanks Nate.

Ariane: She is always keeping an eye on me, even from the Big Apple. She has been my saving grace more than once, and she is such a wonderful person. She is definitely one of my heros. She sent me a Jack Sparrow Nite Light for Pete's sake! Just for the heck of it because she thought I would get a kick out of it. I get a kick out of you Ari! Thanks!

I always thought I was low maintenance, but I realize, especially lately, I am quite the pain in the ass. I appreciate all of you who have stood by me through all of my ups and downs, it could not have been very easy or fun. I have been very selfish of late and I promise to brush that chip off my shoulder. You know I am here for all of you as well, and would do anything to help you as long as it suits my mood at the time...I AM KIDDING of course! Seriously, I 've got your backs!

Now that I have gotten all the mushy out, please take a moment to enjoy a Cubicle Freakout! (Notice the url, and for the record, I know someone who can do that...He's married to Big Geek.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home