Monday, March 23, 2009

It's a New Day

Out with the dark, in with the light. Let's make this happy stay for a while.

Why So Serious? I mean, it could be worse. I could have been Anne Boleyn...or Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight... or Marion when she is thrown into the pit with the snakes in Raiders...or even (forgive another Indy reference) when Willie has to stick her hand into that hole in the wall to pull the lever and save Indy and Short Round and all those disgusting bugs are in there!! Well, you get the idea. ;)

Why was I wallowing in self-pity? It's a time waster, an energy drainer, and a dream dasher. Not only was I hurting myself and my drive, but I was becoming a worry to my friends. The weekend home with Family really snapped me out of that funk. Once again, it's time to "Get Off My Ass!" and keep moving forward.

And so the funk subsides and the happy me comes back to life, full of hope, endless possibilities and the urge to make whatever changes needed. I still HATE my job, mind you, however, my energy is better spent "someplace that's else".

In this time of scorpio rebirth, I feel the overwhelming need to simplify. It's "Love it" or "Chuck it" time at my place this week/weekend. Everything from wardrobe to books, from hair products to cd's will be judged. Nostalgia beware, only the most cherrished will survive!

Just a cool little note to add: My coworker Sam introduced me to someone this morning, an old neighbor who he grew up with who was familiar with my hometown, and he thought I was 24. Just another thing to be happy about! I have never looked as old as I am, not that 33 is old, but I definitely appreciate a 9 year difference! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home