Friday, February 22, 2008

What's on My TV?

Since the writers strike started I have been getting all nostalgic and watching some older shows I have on DVD.

It started with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" . I had already watched seasons 1-3 on and off since I got them so I began this fall with Season 4. Not that I forgot, but I sorta did forget how funny and well written that show was! Watching those episodes for the second time since they aired live (mostly), was just a reaffirmation that it is definitely one of my most favorite tv shows EVER.


It took me a few months, but once I was done with the 7th and final season of Buffy (yes, I am going through withdrawal all over again just like I did when the series ended for real) I decided to pick up with Season 3 of "Le Femme Nikita" . Does anyone remember this low budget, sometimes corny secret ops show that aired on USA network as an original series in the late 90's??? God I was hooked on this show! Nikita was a strong, cool female lead who kicked ass every week who had an array of interesting coworkers like: the sexy coworker Michael, the geeky computer nerd boy Birkoff, Walter, the older and extremely cool weapons master, creepy company psychologist Madeline, and ruthless Operations: the man who headed up the secret agency known only as 'Section'.


As I watch this now, it seems even more low budget (locations doubled in the same episode, photos shown at pre-ops briefings are from shots used in the actual mission etc.) but it is the characters who carry the show. Nikita and Walter were my favorites with Birkoff as a close 3rd. Michael was hot, but he mumbled and was flat, tho not complaining about the eye candy. Lame as it is in ways, it's also very cool and I am glad I have the seasons to watch.

I have to thank Big Geek and her husband for introducing me to a new show. Who knew there was any thing new out there that was actually worth watching??? Well, HBO has a show called "Flight of the Conchords" and it has got to be the funniest show I have seen in a while. Think Spinal Tap humor mixed with a bit of Monty Python. It's funny, silly weird and makes you feel uncomfortable (sometimes) all at the same time! I will be buying the 1st season on DVD because I know there are many of you out there that will appreciate this hysterical show. (Alysa, Erin, Kevin, Tom, Nathan, Tabbi, Nate, Jess, Christine...the list goes on!) GENIOUS!!!!


I am sorry to say that while I have missed some ofthe new shows I got started with in the fall (Pushing Daisies, Reaper and Chuck) I haven't really missed any of the others I watched routinely. It's been a nice break to catch up on some older shows and find something new. The best part of the writer's strike has been that the awards shows aren't as big and obnoxious as usual! I don't watch them, but it's been funny to see the networks squirm about it!

Anywho: What's on Yout TV? Post a comment and tell me what you are watching why I should hop on that train!

Happy Friday!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have been having viewing difficulties too. I started watching "The Wire" and I am now on Season 3 - starts slow and then gets you involved. I tell my son I am going to Baltimore ( as opposed to Jersey with The Sopranos). OSCARS tomorrow!!! Day off after to catch all the talk!!

7:36 PM, February 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home