Thursday, February 21, 2008

Project: Black Chairs

For a while now, Lamby and I have been wanting to recover a set of 4 chairs that match the dining room table she has entrusted to me. It is an art deco style with chrome legs and white ceramic top with black accents. The chairs were in need of some MAJOR overhauling and of course, Lamby and I were so excited to get started we didn't take a before picture!! This happened a few weeks ago and I am just posting now...

What we do have are during, break pics and the finished product. Lamby and Evan came for an overnight filled with Guitar Hero and Rock Band Breaks, Pizza, Funfetti Cake (with Frostin'!!!) and general tomfoolery! Here is the pictoral progression:

Warming up with a little Guitar Hero:



First we took the chairs apart and took out all the staples and grommits. ARG! LOTS OF STAPLES!!! And di I mention that the padding under the deteriorating material on the chairs was made partially of GOAT HAIR???? GGOOOOAAATT!!! I did not enjoy tearing those suckers apart! What a mess, but we were prepared. Since Lamby's the one with experience and sewing knowledge, I left cutting the batting and material for the chair seats and backs up to her!


Lamby covering one of the last chair backs. The seats are the black things in front of her:


The 4 chairs of the Apocolypse! Seriously, it took us much longer than anticipated, but it wasn't that bad. Poor Lamby did most of the work, but we did rock out afterwards on Rock Band!


Lamby enjoyed playing bass and Evan beat the crap out of those drums!


I got in on the action and captured it with the magic of timed picture taking! Evan enjoyed singing Weezer's "Say it Ain't So" so Lamby and I accompanied him.


Looking at the pics now, I realize I need to get movin' on getting more up on my walls! (and losing some weight...hello little piggy!!!)If you notice, the top pic is the canvas of "Carol's Castle" that Pinky painted for me for Christmas. I will try to take a close up pic and post it so you can all see it.:) Oh, and a pic of the table with the chairs all together would be nice too, huh?

Thanks for all your help Lamby! We had a fun time and the Chairs look AMAZING!!!:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

The chairs look great if I do say so myself! Evan and I cannot wait to "rock out" again. I think I could really take to playing the bass in Rock Band and Evan loves to sing! Thanks for a great weekend, C.C.!!

2:47 PM, February 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of Evan and Linda playing Rock Band with you. Nathan is looking forward to trying it out when we see you next. The chairs look great (and we saw them before they were fixed up!) Henlib

6:35 PM, February 21, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Evan is getting big! Lamby still looking good 'n happy. The chairs look great - now where is the table? Those chairs look like - dare I say it?-yes, old Vegas!
Later, Gator

9:55 PM, February 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home