Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Kindred Spirits

Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary defines kindred as "of a similar nature or character : LIKE (a kindred spirit)"

I like to use this word to describe my friends, or people I have recently begun a friendship with. I guess you could say that the reason we are friends (or becomming friends) is because we are Kindred Spirits, of a similar nature or character on some level.

How do I consider someone a "Kindred Spirit"? Basically if someone is very similar to me in even one subject matter, I will consider them kindred in that area. My closest friends share many similarities with me. Sound weird? Yeah, well that's me!

Here's a list of a few areas where I would consider someone a Kindred Spirit:

  1. You enjoy speaking in English (or other) accents and can carry on a conversaton without breaking character.
  2. You love the Goonies. (and/or you send me a truffle shuffle shirt in the mail just because!)
  3. You like to go on adventures and explore your surroundings by car, bike or hike.
  4. You think Batman is the BEST super Hero EVER!
  5. You know how to pronounce "Salahadin" and can use it in a variety of ways.
  6. You like to break out dancing for no reason, especially in the kitchen.
  7. Rhyming is one of your favorite things to do.
  8. You love making up words to songs like "Wild Disco Pot", "100% Pure Pork", "Oh, My God, It's the Low Rider" and many others.
  9. You think peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best inventions.
  10. You wuv all dem DOGs, Kitties and Horseys!
  11. You yell "GOOAT" (whenever you feel like it)
  12. Lyrics from AC/DC like "Ewwwww!" and "High Voltage!" or from Queen like "Get on your bikes and ride!" make you laugh hysterically.
  13. You enjoy fart humor (Come on, admit it, you think it's funny!)
  14. You love to watch movies (especially action adventure or comedy.)
  15. You appreciate the taste of a good Manhatten or Margarita.



Picture: Kindred Spirits by Jenness Cortez

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post & thanks for the "subtle" shout-out.

7:51 PM, November 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was gonna ask if i was one....


but then i read # 8!! LOL

12:25 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Ha! yeah Amy, I have never been known for being subtle! :)

Red, I should have put "If you have lived with me and are still speaking to me"

tee-hee

1:20 PM, November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! ditto on this end!

2:39 PM, November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home