Friday, October 27, 2006

Hello and Welcome to FRIDAY!!!

It's been a long week, (as usual) Being stuck between a rock and a hard place gets old and VERY uncomfortable after a while and I have to figure out a solution if my supervisor continues to drag her feet. It's a constant battle to figure out my place in this world and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier. But that is a subject for another day my friends...

Sorry about the depressing vibe going here today. I am actually in a great mood but things are coming out all sad/annoyed. I just figured I would write this here to warn you that the rest of this post doesn't get any happier... just in case you want to stop reading. :)

Being Halloween weekend I usually have something cool planned...unfortunately this year I do not. I am going to sit home tonight and watch scary movies. My roomate concurred so we are going to make a huge dinner and pig out and get scared together. I am happy to veg although going out and dressing up is always such a riot. Oh well, who knows? Maybe this year is the year for a New Year's Masquerade???

Tomorrow I may hang out with my sister Anne since I haven't seen her in a while. Sunday is my roomate's birthday dinner with her family (to which I have been invited). And that is about what is going on in CCLand this weekend.

I know, I live an exciting life don't I?

I guess if the article I read today was actually true, I might be living a more exciting life. I read today that a report was done by the government entitled "College Degree worth extra $23,000 a year". I think it's bullshit, b/c that is not how it is here in Upstate NY. Oh, and where are these jobs where I can make almost DOUBLE what I am making right now??? This article made me sick to my stomach because it says that adults with only a high school diploma make an average of $28,645. THAT is even more than I make by a few thousand $$. Again, I ask why I pay school loans every month if this is the case? Apparently I could have graduated from HS and been in the same place without the extra expenditures! I know I didn't learn my work ethic or social skills from college b/c I learned that from growing up in a hardworking, conciencious, outgoing family. I know, I know. That college education got me in the door to many of my jobs and I wuold NEVER trade my college experience for anything HOWEVER...That article ticks me off. What part of population/country did these statistics come from? 'Cause maybe I should move there!!!

Ok, End of Rant. Sorry.

As for the celebrity in my dream last night: it was the handsome and talented Michael Rosenbaum (aka Lex Luthor) I watched Smallville before bed last night so that was probably the trigger. I don't know about you, but this lastest photo-chop I did is a bit unsettling to me. I don't think I am comfortable with it but I thought I would share it anyway.


Ugg! I need a life...I will let you know monday if I found one this weekend. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! This article is BEYOND depressing b/c those high school diploma-ed people make more than me too! Dammit Janet! Really really sucky. I loved the break down of the states w/ the most & least education. Totally fitting into the stereotypes of the south being "dumb hicks" and the northeast being the educated and cultured.

2:29 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yeah and NY wasn't even listed. My problem is that if nearly 37% is the highest with a bachelor's degree, I have more education than 63% of the population!! (in Conn)People should be THROWING jobs at me!

Maybe it's because most of the jobs available are retail minimum wage-ish jobs! There are no mid-high paying jobs because everything is being outsourced to foreign countries.

Oh shit...I think I just opened a ginormous can of worms there.

Not thinking about it! Not worrying abot it! It's Friday and there is no thiking on Friday!

4:17 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Yeah...try having a Ph.D. which is 5-7 more years of schooling to make not even double that much. Sad, but true.

6:32 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I'd like to see the number broken down by gender...I suspect that females bring the "average" down at all levels!!

11:39 AM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Ha! Lamby is right, we are all females. Who said there is earning equality? I seem to know quite a few talented women out there (in addition to Lamby, Amy, and Wicca) who have bumped their heads on that glass ceiling of earnings. Not Cool.

11:57 AM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home