Thursday, January 26, 2006

Stange Days

Today reminds me of the Doors tune Strange Days:

Strange days have found us
Strange days have tracked us down
They’re going to destroy
Our casual joys
We shall go on playing
Or find a new town

Yeah!


Anywho, it has been a strange day so far. Driving to work I am stopped at a stoplight and a van is turning left accross me from the right oncoming traffic lane. The guy keeps looking at me and finally when he gets next to me I look at him. Within seconds we recognize each other, his jaw drops slightly in surprise and I flash the evil eye.(well two actually :) It was Ron, of the infamous Valentine's Day Ditch of 2005. Last time I saw him was when I went to see Batman Begins in the theater this summer. Of all the theater times he could have gone to, he went to the show I was at. I was very stealthy tho and escaped without having to speak to him. He saw me, and it was a narrow escape. It didn't bother me b/c I was over him before February was over last year. This morning's story did expell a squeal of delight from me when I told coworkers who remember the tale. We all had a great laugh this am which always starts the day out on a good note!

I did manage to work out last night. I got about 40 minutes of cardio kickboxing in without the help of Billy Blanks. After a while he gets boring so I decided to mix it up a bit, remember my Kickboxing classes from last year (and previous years) and do my own. I put on the electronica music station on the tv and kicked and punched my way to a great workout. I really like electronica and trance music to work out to. It pumps me up and is repititious enough to keep me going. Now all I need is a room devoted to kickboxing with one of those huge cylindrical body bag things! Yeah, maybe in the next life I can afford that. :0)

I stole this little quiz from Wiccachicky! I think it is eerie how well this pegged me. "Strengths they may seem but herein lie my faults."

You Are a Peacemaker Soul

You strive to please others and compromise anyway you can.
War or conflict bothers you, and you would do anything to keep the peace.
You are a good mediator and a true negotiator.
Sometimes you do too much, trying so hard to make people happy.

While you keep the peace, you tend to be secretly judgmental.
You lose respect for people who don't like to both give and take.
On the flip side, you've got a great sense of humor and wit.
You're always dimplomatic and able to give good advice.

Souls you are most compatible with: Warrior Soul, Hunter Soul and Visionary Soul

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Aha! I am Peacemaker Soul too! Tee hee hee...maybe that's why we're so peaceful together (heh heh) "jjbzzjki"

3:55 PM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home