Friday, January 20, 2006

Vampire to run for Govenor

So I saw this yesterday and didn't have a chance to read the entire article until just now. This has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard in politics!

There is a guy who is a practicing Vampire who wants to run for Govenor of Minnesota. NO KIDDING!! On his website he introduces himself as: "My name is Jonathon “The Impaler” Sharkey, Ph.D., L.D.D.D. I am a Satanic Dark Priest, Sanguinarian Vampyre and a Hecate Witch. My Magikal Path name is: Lord Ares."

Hmmmm...Right.

What is it with Minni? First Jesse "The Body" now Jonathan "The Impaler"? He thinks he will become Govenor and eventually President of the United States with his wacko platform!!!


What is his wacko platform you ask? Well, one of his main ideas is that he will IMPALE terrorists, rapists, murderers etc on the lawn of the capitol building!!!! And he will do it by his own hand, isn't that nice?

You should check out his website if you want a good laugh. He actually has a section devoted to Impalement which was very interesting. The pictures are incredibly hysterical as well: jonathonforgovernor.us/Home_page.html Cut and paste...I didn't want to link for obvious reasons!! Another section was how he has thrown out wife after wife and finally turned to "The Dark Side". Just think if he were actually elected? There would be a lot at STAKE. Let me know what you think!



Just to make things clear, I am not laughing at his religious beliefs, everyone can do his/her own thing, I just find him to be overly pop-culture referencing and silly. I think he actually gives a bad name to those who are trying to dispell cultural beliefs about Pagans, Witches etc.


Just think, now we all have a great conversation for happy hour tonight thanks to Jonathan "The Impaler"!!!




Have a great weekend everyone! (ie: I hope your weekend doesn't SUCK)

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Wow...in Minnesota? How does he find the veins under all those layers? Okay, that's my joke (for the moment). My weekend will be much like the last one & the one before that. *sigh* I need to go somewhere...oh wait, I'm BROKE!

2:29 PM, January 20, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

I just looked at that stuff. Man, he is a whackjob. And, I agree w/ you...his is doing a disservice & creating nothing but trouble for decent, normal people who are practicing wiccans, etc. whoa.

2:40 PM, January 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he will probably win too.


big geek

3:40 PM, January 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home