Thursday, January 19, 2006

Celebrity Lookey Like Part 2

Remember a few months ago when I posted about people telling me I look like a celebrity? Well I have added to that list and now can add a few nationalities to it as well. I think it is a really interesting study on how everyone views people so differently. Noone sees one person the same as someone else sees them and it's intereting how varied the opinions can be.

For a recap:I have been compared to Rachel Ray, Natalie Merchant, Liv Tyler, Janeane Garafalo, a brunette Hillary Duff, and Angelina Jolie previously. It's funny how different each of these celebrities look with the exception of Brown hair... perhaps that is their deciding factor. Obviously it's not always about looking similar because people tell me I remind them of a celebrity in attitude/demeanor, facial expressions or personality. What one person sees, another may not. It's a funny thing.

So today I had a customer blurt out that she didn't realize that Phoebe Cates worked here. That's a new one! Remember "Gremlins" and "Drop Dead Fred?" If not, hop on over to the IMDB (Internet Movie Database) on my links to the left!

This morning, before the Phoebe Cates incident, a coworker of mine Siam told me I look like his cousin from Taiwan. I thought that was quite interesting and I told him I have always wanted to visit Taiwan. Prior to this, I have been asked if I am of Latino decent, Samoan decent, Irish and now Taiwanese. Hmmmmm...I think my theory is gaining truth! How can I look like all these nationalities simultaneously? I haven't gotten Italian or Welsh yet, and that is my heritage!

Have you ever been compared to a celebrity or had someone tell you you look like a certain nationality? Tell me about it (again)!


"This Book Will Change Your Life": Today is PRETEND TO BE A SECRET AGENT day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Siam was from Tialand (sp) ??? I think you look Samoan. And Jeannene G.

big geek

3:50 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

neither, actually. I really look like my scandanavian heritage (not very exotic at all). And, I don't really look like any celebrities (not that anyone's told me about...) so...you're way cooler than me :oD

4:04 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Thailand...Oh Maybe you are right. Next to Cambodia. Well, I want to go there too, and Cambodia to see Angkor Watt!!!

And shut up about the samoan and Garafalo thing! Big Pain!

Yay! We're going to see Narnia Sunday!!!

4:12 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

People have told me I look like Glenn Close. I'm not sure what to make of that.

5:40 PM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home