Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Movie Lines Knowledge: The Sequel: Answers!

OK folks! Let's see how you did! The folowing are the answers from the movie quiz from last week along with the quotes and a few comments from the peanut gallery!

  1. “Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.” Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean, 2003, ARRGGHH!!!
  2. “I think she's the saddest girl to ever to hold a martini.” Sophia (Penelope Cruz), Vanilla Sky, 2001, Open your Eyes...
  3. “Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied.” Peter Parker narrating, Spiderman, 2002. He's the only arachnid I like!
  4. “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.” Willie Wonka, 1971, You can even eat the dishes!!
  5. “I'm only laughing on the outside / My smile is just skin deep / If you could see inside I'm really crying / You might join me for a weep." The Joker, Batman, 1989, Have you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?
  6. “Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and *speeding*!” Jim Carey, Liar Liar, 1997. One of my personal favorites!
  7. “I realize that when I met you at the turkey curry buffet, I was unforgivably rude, and wearing a reindeer jumper. “ Mark Darcey, Bridget Jones' s Diary, 2001. He's such a wanker!
  8. “Spiders... the spiders... they want me to tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance!” Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 2004 Gotta love that Ron Weasely!
  9. “Mom! We're on high alert here. I almost killed you! Right then! You don't even know!” Vince Vaughn as Eddie, Mr and Mrs. Smith, 2005. Vince Vaughn = Fast talking GENIUS!
  10. “Laugh it up, fuzzball” Han Solo, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back, 1980. CHEWY!!!!!!
  11. “No harm ever came from opening a chest " ”Yeah, no harm ever came from reading a book either. Remember how that one went?”Evy and Rick, The Mummy Returns, 2001. Come on! we have to have a Mummy Quote!!!
  12. “I'm what they call "nouveau riche," but then, it's only the "riche" that counts.” Kevin Spacey as Jim Williams, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, 1997. Flavis!!! I hope I get to visit Jim's House in Savannah someday!
  13. “You're beautiful to me because you're human. Your frailty. Your short years. Your heart. All that suddenly seems more precious than anything I've ever known.” Stewart Townsend as Lestat, Queen of the Damned, 2002. Ahhhh...Stewart Townsend...*sigh*
  14. “Nature is about balance. All the world comes in pairs. Yin and Yang. Right and Wrong. Men and Women. What's pleasure without pain. “ Angelina Jolie, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, 2003. ABSOLUTELY!! Gotta love Angie!
  15. [singing] “You've got to grind, grind, grind, at that grindstone / Though childhood slips like sand through a sieve / And all too soon they've up and grown / And then they've flown / And it's too late for you to give.” Dick Van Dyke as Bert, Mary Poppins, 1964. My Favorite Disney film. Dick Van Dyke is THE BEST!

BONUS: “It's called a sense of humor - you should get one - they're nice.” Duckie, Pretty in Pink, 1986. Do I offend? You can't beat this flick. By far one of my favorite featuring members of the Brat pack!

I was impressed Amy and Wiccachicky! You guys did awesome!! Thanks for playing! For anyone who didn't comment on answers tell me how you did and how you think I did by posting a comment now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Artistic Soul said...

I'm not sure ONE right out of 15 is "awesome" per se...I think that'd be failing in my class!! But when I saw the titles, I remembered most of the quotes. A couple of these movies I haven't seen, so perhaps with some more studying next time, I will improve! ;o)

6:27 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Wiccachicky! You were awesome b/c you tried! You and Amy were the only ones to comment so you guys are my favorites! :)I did use some new ones that maybe people haven't seen yet and I probably have a weird movie list anyway!!

9:52 AM, January 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home