Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thursday Thoughts

As Thursday comes to a close I have a few thoughts. Firstly I wanted to post this test. I was happy with my results, tho I thought for sure I would be a hobbit with all the eating they do...

Rohirrim
Rohirrim

To which race of Middle Earth do you belong?

So I am training the Temp from hell. Seriously, I have never wanted to manualy remove someone's head before so badly. Well so far this week anyway. (Just kidding! I don't want anyone reading my blog to think that I am unstable or anything! Please see the disclaimer at the end!) She is a 40 something year old woman and HAS NO CLUE!! How is that possible? How does she live day to day and survive? You would have thought that with her attitude and her lack of common sense/understanding of verbal and non-verbal cues she would have gone the way of the dodo bird by now! I realiz that being trained by soemone who is younger than you is difficult, but I am a patient person and I am not condesending, at least until you have crossed the line so many times I have no other choice but to be a bit snippy. I have trained three other temps for this position in the last 8 months while the regular receptionist is out on medical leave multiple times and I haven't had difficulties with anyone else. Alas, I have been long winded and I should make my points. This is what I will eventually say to my Temp from hell:

"Hey Ginny, I have a few pointers for you

1. When in Rome do as the Romans do
2. You have 1 mouth and 2 ears, that means you should listen twice as much as you speak
3. The person who is training you is training you for a reason...You don't know how to do this job yet!!!
4. You are a Temp. That stands for Temporary. Temporary means:lasting for a limited time
5. Just because I am younger than you doesn't mean I am less intelligent and have less experience. The same is true that because you are older it doesn't mean that you are more intelligent or have had more experience.

Well I have to get out of here and get home, what am I doing starting a blog post at 4:45pm????

**DISCLAIMER: Any mention of budgoning, manually removing someone's head or any violent act towards a person (real or fictional) is purely innocent. I would never actually harm anyone. It's just fun to vent. **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home