Thursday, January 24, 2008

Viva Las Vegas: Part 4: Walkabout

Saturday I started out lazy. Slept in until 8 am and ordered room service...by the window of course! YUMMY!


I spied a window washer whilst eating my breakfast and had to take a picture of this brave soul:


Changed and headed out armed with MP3 player stacked with such Vegas staples as "Ocean's Eleven", "CSI"and "MindFreak" soundtracks...Hey, you need to set the mood for places you visit and every trip needs a soundtrack, even if it is borrowed!

And so I started my Walkabout in the words of the RHCP: "I think I'll go on a walkabout, and find out what it's all about. Can't hurt to try"

The Luxor Statues (This time not using a flash!):



Found the Sphinx outside. We had a little chat:


Back inside to Criss Angel's Official MindFreak Store. He had about 7 bikes on display in all. Some were in the hallways and these two were in the store:



Across the hall from the store is the "Production Office". I recognized his brother sitting at the computer on the right of the picture. Later on his other brother and Mother came in. There was a sign up that Criss would make an appearance to do a "mindblowing demonstration" on February 3rd. I was chatting with a guy working in the store and he told me they are filming season 4 of Mindfreak and that Criss hardly ever comes to the store. I am sure the Criss Angel Marketing Machine would not want employees telling customers that. I mean, that is why fans go...hoping to catch a glimpse of that weird yet appealing illusionist.


The bike in the production office and better view of the famous purple couches from the shows.
I sat on a bench across from here for a few minutes, spoke to Erin on the phone and rested. As I was sitting there a little old man with a cane was walking by and I smiled at him. He stopped and said "Well this bench must be where all the pretty girls sit!" I laughed and he smiled and shuffled along his way. Too cute. Of all the times I got hit on in Vegas, that was by far my most memorable!:)

Continuing on Thru the Excalibur and out to the bridge to get a few pics outside. Here is NY NY. I would not recommend staying there. The rooms were less than clean and it is outdated. The restaurants are worth it, and the outside is really neat. Anotherwards, visit there, don't stay there in my opinion.


View from the bridge of the MGM Grand. Never got inside, but the outside was really neat, especially at night with the gold lion: I should have used the zoom here:


Turn around and there is the Excalibur. That place is so storybook pretty and amazing in the day and at night!


Inside the Excalibur it was interesting. Armor, tapestries and swords mounted on the walls set the theme. It was cute.



Of course the Luxor was on my way back to the Four Seasons so I stopped to get a pic of the inside ceiling of the pyramid. It is hard to capture on film. It is really breathtaking when you walk in and look up. The hallways are on the inside and the rooms face outside. Very interesting construction, tho I have heard the elevators leave you off with quite a walk to your room if you aren't nearby...Next time I visit Vegas I am staying at the Luxor. It has a very hip vibe and seems to be filled with peoplein their late twenties - early 40's.



Same bat-time, same bat-channel tomorrow for: Mark's sweet suite, Night views, Leaving me to my own devices and leaving Las Vegas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Anyone who uses the word "whilst" is all right by me! As for NY NY rooms - it's all too real!

7:20 PM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Sparkles said...

absolutely amazing pictures... and i would die if i was window washer AHHHHHHH!!!!! i prefer to be inside when i am that high up :)

6:01 PM, January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home