Monday, January 07, 2008

P.S. I Loved It!!!



I think you all know by now that I am not the sort of girl who goes for teary romantic dramas. Well, this was more of a dramedy, (cry, laugh, cry, laugh) and because my Gerry was in it, I was in! I assumed I would wait until it came out on video...I hate crying in public...but I couldn't resist Chantal's invitation! :)

Chantal, Mary and I went to see it Sunday, and the crying didn't bother me so much. perhaps I have grown out of that. I think every girl can relate to this movie in some way or another. And who can not drool over Gerry and the other beautiful men in this film? Harry Connick, Spike from Buffy (tho I miss the bleached blondie bear look! haha). Even the Irish guitar player Billy was hot. Hilary Swank was so easy to relate to (especially her vulnerabilities and insecurities) and she was rockin' my hair cut!

All the women were wonderful, the men were easy on the eyes and Gerry stole every scene he was in. I admit it, I lost my breath a few times during this movie...Chantal and Mary just laughed at me because they know how much I love my Gerry Butler.

Great wardrobe, beautiful scenery, relatable characters and (unfortunately) a very real heartbreaking story. What more could you ask for?

I have been saying this since 1999 and this movie said it out loud: "Everyone needs a Gerry." *sigh*

I'm gonna keep looking for mine. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

unfortuantely "Gerrys" tend to turn into "Larrys" with time and committment. Wow, looks like my resolution to be more optimistic has already taken a dive!

2:33 PM, January 07, 2008  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

No offense intended for you "Larrys" out there...it just happened to rhyme with Gerry...

2:34 PM, January 07, 2008  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yeah, Yeah. Leave a girl her dreams for Gosh sake!

I have to believe that there is a decent guy (A Gerry) left that is looking for his CC (that would be me).

I am not ready to let go of that dream yet...

6:16 PM, January 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Lamby that Larry does not rhyme with Gerry! (But I know what she means).
Dont give up CC, but dreams usually are better than real life.
I guess I need to be more optimistic too.

7:54 PM, January 07, 2008  
Blogger Sparkles said...

atleast for now i have found too that dreams are better than real life unfortunately :( hopefully we will all find our gerry's (and SOON!!!)

oh yeah and speaking of the wardrobe... still lovin the shoes!! LOL :)

11:30 AM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger meg said...

Um excuse me but isn't the "real" Gerry already your husband. Come on if we are gonna dream might as well take it to the far reaches of halucination. :) That was an awesome movie!!! I think I am going to read the book.

3:43 PM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger Ladben said...

Best Gerry movie ever is Dear Franky! Thanks Lamby for the link - I have missed laughing with CC.

6:04 AM, January 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home