Monday, December 10, 2007

"Rock Band" Pretty Much Rocks


Well, the anticiapation was killing me, and when I got a chance to play Rock Band this weekend I was so psyched!

I started out singing "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys b/c Tammy was having trouble getting thru it. That is a hard song y'all!! But it was fun! I got thru it! Tammy decided that I should continue to be lead singer so we did another set of songs including "Vasoline" by STP, "Creep" by Radiohead and "Should I stay or Should I Go" by the Clash.

Then it was time for THE song..."Dani California" by RHCP. Seriously folks, I was so amped to sing this song I couldn't even stand myself! Like a kid on Christmas morning I rocked out and scored 100%!!! It was on Easy, however for my first day at the races I was so thrilled. I now need to sing it on Medium, Hard and Expert to see how I do!

Of course you have to play drums at some point too, and I actually did really well on easy and tried Medium and didn't do too badly. A few of the songs I played on drums were "Here it Goes Again" by OK Go, "(Don't Fear) the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult (MORE COWBELL!!!) and "Detroit Rock City" by Kiss.

I also played Guitar for Dani California later in the evening and on a few other songs, but since I play Guitar Hero, that wasn't as exciting as drums or singing. Well, playing John Frusciante's part of Dani California while singing like Anthony Keidis did work out well for me, so I can't complain! Next time I need to play that song twice so I can be Chad on drums and Flea on bass.

We need to work on opening more songs, I was not really impressed with the choices so far, they were fun, but there are so many great rock anthems and some of the choices were less than stellar. PS3 will be allowing downloadable songs in addition to what is on the game so I hope that way there will be more to choose from. Check out the List of Songs from Rock Band.

It was a blast and I can't wait to purchase this game for my PS2! It comes out Dec 18th, and hello!! I know that is the one bauble I am allowing myself to purchase with some of my Christmas bonus money. ROCK ON!!

OH! And apparently I passed the test of coolness because Tammy's 14 year old nephew Corey told her that I was really funny and that I got really into it. My nephews already know this about me. I can have fun and be silly because that is what life is all about! I don't care, I just want to have fun! And I do!!! It was a blast!

I am hoping next time that I will have some pics to share of us all rockin' out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

I wanna sing Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper"...
MORE COWBELL!

11:52 AM, December 11, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

omg that sounds sooo fun! honestly don't know many of the songs but still sounds very fun :) can i come over and play it when you get it?- pleeeeease :)

12:19 PM, December 11, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

I will have a Rock Band party and everyone can come and play! It is definately a riot and a half! you guys will LOVE IT!!!

12:40 PM, December 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home