Friday, November 30, 2007

Week Recap and Weekend Plans!

It has been quite the week! Work-wise it has been a hectic pace, catalog proofing, putting out fires and getting tradeshow and environmental initiatives underway! I hate to say this, but even tho it has been stressful, I am kinda liking it. I mean, apart from the initial "Oh Shit!" thoughts when you run head-on into a situation, once you take a breath and regroup it's actually sort of fun to tackle the problem, especially when it works out in your favor in the end.:)

Another thing I have been wrestling with is the fact that I am now a MANAGER. I went from three years as an Admin/Exec Assistant to being in a Managerial position, meaning, I have some power to give direction, delegate and make decisions. It's tough when you are out of practice for 3 years and in a larger company. Going from taking orders to giving orders on the fast track is pretty intimidating. It's been a few months now and as I get thru my "firsts" in this position I am noticing how much I am growing. It's one of those growth spurts that's supercharged and happens fast I guess. I think this job is good for me, and I think I kinda like it...so far!

THIS WEEKEND!
This weekend is my Mom's 75th birthday!!! You wouldn't think she was 75, she is so young looking for her age and in wonderful health. What a blessing! We are taking her out to a nice dinner Saturday night (her actual B-day). I am so excited and will have some pics next week of our adventures!

Tonight I am heading to Annie's house after work. We have some plans regarding TomFoolery over the Christmas Holiday we need to work on. It will be nice to spend some time with Annie and be silly. We don't get to do that as often as I would like. I hope we can get some shopping done early saturday as well!

I have a hair appointment Saturday afternoon that I am excited about b/c I have decided to go a bit darker with my hair for winter and get some bangs cut. While watching TV recently, I found exactly what I wanted. My inspiration is in the form of Chuck, proud Cup Pie inventor who works at The PieHole on Pushing Daisies:


Sunday I have been invited to attend the Library's Christmas dinner! I was so happy to be invited, even tho I had to put in my notice a few weeks ago. It was so nice that I was included! I am really looking forward to it. It will be in the same place as last year, a restaurant that is set in a historic house about 4 miles form my apartment. It is a beautiful stone house that serves wonderfully delectable food. it will be nice to see everyone too, especially my Jerry and my Chantal!!! I love you guys and I miss you! We need to institute that game night soon!!! I hope to have pictures of that event as well!

Have a wondeful weekend everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

OOooH! I like the hair style...it's a bit retro. I think your hair would conform nicely!

3:28 PM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

I really like her hairstyle too - and it seems like it would frame your face well! I can't wait to see the new do!

9:16 AM, December 01, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

both jerry and i love and miss you too but i am glad that you overall enjoying your new position. can't wait to see you in like an hour for the party. we are gonna have fun :)

3:23 PM, December 02, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

oh and i can't wait to see the new hairdo. it looks really cool

3:25 PM, December 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home