Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Office of a Marketing Manager:

I did have a request for a pic of my office a while back. Even tho I have a management position I still have a cubicle. That is not a bad thing because it is larger than the others, and it does have a small meeting space table in it attached to the desk...tho it is a bit covered with files in this pic. I love it. I stood in front of my window to take this shot:


My desk is a shambles!! Artwork versions and press releases posted about, boxes of samples and files from the previous Marketing Manager. I have so many high priority projects going on right now that it's just a 'Splosion of paperwork! So much for going green huh? :) Once it calms in mid January/early February I will get this paperwork under control and post a new pic to compare to!!

Actually today it looks much better because last night I stayed late to organize a bit! I am located between Sales and IT, and they are a riot so there is never a dull moment here!

I have to say, tho skeptical at first, I am really enjoying this new position!!!! I am settling in pretty well, and getting acclimated to how to work with certain personalities. I have learned a lot and continue to learn every day. Things are working out well so far!

CC's Helpful Workplace Hints: Remember, swearing at work is not acceptable. My solution? Replace swear words or phrases with Holiday references. My favorite? "Son of a Nutcracker!!" courtesy of the movie "Elf". It's clean, and it might even make you or others in your office area laugh...I know, I did it today and what a great stess-reliever it was!!

IN OTHER NEWS:
I might have the chance to play ROCK BAND this weekend (possibly tonight) at my friend Tammy's house! I am so excited because I can sing Dani California by the RHCP and we can download other songs (preferably RHCP songs!!!!) Tammy is a good sport and likes to have fun so I am sure she will oblige!
See the singer in the back to the right? That will be me rockin' out... "Gettin' born in the state of Mississippi, Papa was a copper and Mamma was a hippie..."

Saturday night I am heading over to Big Geek's house for her annual Christmas party. This will be my third one and it's a great group. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again. I always have fun with Big Geek's family and friends! I have to figure out what snacky thing to bring along...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

We have a couple of phrases that we use to keep us from swearing...when frustrated, try yelling "For Cryin' out Loud!"...we find it very "cleansing"

L.

8:47 AM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Bet my office is messier than your office!!

8:48 AM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

"Shut the Front Door!" Works well and gets a reaction from people! haha

I am sure your office is messier! You are an Associate Dean fro crying out loud! I might be the ONLY Marketing Manager for 4 divisions, but only two of them are needy at the moment! haha

8:49 AM, December 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home